Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
21 - 40 of 375 Posts

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lord tundrun Jazaz ... as my Newfoundlander friend says. It's a bloooooody mess out dere. SNOW as far as da eye can see and den more snow.

We really did get zonked yesterday and it was a mess trying to clean it up. I walked about and saw cars stuck everywhere and people trying to drive in snow that was just too high to navigate safely from anywhere. Side streets were a mess and I was angry at people for being angry that they couldn't drive or get off their block. I love to hear them say they paid their taxes and the city failed them at cleaning up after a storm, but really .... it was a full out snow day and we all should have just stayed home unless we were a fire fighter, ambulance driver, doctor/nurse, police officer or snow removal company. I was hoping that highways and main streets were cleaned and areas that had buildings with seniors and people who needed emergency services were cleared out first.

I'm happy the power didn't go out and people weren't cold and miserable. Really .... it was a day to just sit back at home, drink hot beverages, watch some tv and be a lazy bum. You can't fight snow and there is no reason to try and drive in it.

I PAID MY TAXES DAMNIT .... 😆

It's currently -3C and feels like -9C ... its going to snow more today and tonight and tomorrow its going to rain and snow. I wanna hear how people deal with that mess. I'm ready to sit back and do nothing tomorrow when the snow and rain hits.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
4C feels like -3C ... WINDY as all heck. A lot of the snow on the upper and main decks of the house has melted quite a bit, because its RAINING .... we are going to be in big trouble with the rain today. We aren't going to have more snow according to the weather network .... but we will be experiencing bitterly freezing temps such as -16C ... or worse tomorrow. So I will be skating to work on the streets or sidewalks here in Toronto. Maybe ....

I was thinking of calling a cab and getting them to do the driving and dirty work but I don't like the idea of being in the backseat of a vehicle and having a stranger driving and suddenly hearing him screaming to the Lord to save us all as we slide sideways driving down a busy icy road.

Maybe I will stay home from work ... for a few months.

Ah ... Driver... Could you please take me back to my house ... SLOWLY.

I need to change my underwear.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Holy Smokes its chilly .... -10C feels like -17C, at least there isn't any more snow. It looks like all the rain we got yesterday is frozen now so I spent the last hour throwing sand and de-icer all over the driveway and sidewalks here.

I only slipped and fell 4 times and managed to smack my tailbone and back into pain city. I've called in sick and not going to attempt work today as I'm in pain, so now I'm going to lie down on a heating pad. OUCH

Maybe I could ride my bike into work instead of drive the car?

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It snowed again ... last night and is lightly snowing today. I suppose our Mayor was getting so much flack because of Monday's disaster of snow removal from Monday's dumping that he made sure to get extra people out on the roads trying to keep things cleaned up. I heard plows all night on the side streets and main streets near my home.

It's cold ... -13C but feels like -20C with a few flurries here and there. I wish the flurries were in California and I wish the hot temperatures in Florida were here. I'm FREEZING. 🥶

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Brrrrrr ..... -20C feels like -26C. Ever see those video clips where a person stands outside with a pot of boiling water and throws it into the sky and they create SNOW? It works when you slip and fall and your coffee falls out of your hand too ... coffee snow. Ask me how I know this happens ... ask me.

Anyways its suppose to be partly sunny today with some craptacular cloudy periods later in the afternoon and snow late tonight. Old Man Winter has it out for us here in Ontario this year. Ain't we got enough to deal with? Just sayin.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
-16C feels like 23C ... there have been flurries off and on but nothing like that fershermirchefloofen we got last week. Unfortunately its suppose to flurry and blurry today tomorrow and Wednesday. I must get some grocery's in and some VODKA ... vodka can keep you warm right?

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
STOP SNOWING DAMN IT! -5C feels like -12C. We had snow alllllllllll day Monday and more is due today. Really ... if snow was cocaine we could create a pandemic of snow snorting junkies and still have piles of it left over. I am over winter! There has been way too much snow this year.

However ... it is now the 25th of January and winter really does come to an end by mid March around these parts. So even if that idiot Ground hog predicts a longer winter I am holding out that we will be feeling a little better without blasts of horrible cold dry winds and snow piles in 7 weeks or so.

Pray with me my friends! PRAY HARD !

Do we have a praying smiley? Lemme check ... 👼 ... NOPE, no religious smileys. Just this little angel guy. I guess it will have to do.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
-11C feels like -14C, light snow in the morning with flurries in the afternoon.

I need a weather from hell vacation, somewhere warm with some sweet light breezes and sunshine and a industrial size drum/barrel of vodka and lemonade .... oh yeah. I suppose if I start drinking the industrial size drum/barrel of vodka and lemonade here at home and I blasted the heating on 120 degrees and I put the SAD light on full blast I might be able to have my mini vacation right here! LETS DO THIS! Now where are my swim trunks?

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Its -8C and feels like -14C. It's suppose to snow again today/tonight. UGH.

Yesterday was so incredibly bright and the sun was blinding, it was cold as heck but that sunshine really took the blues away. I loved it. We need more sunny days like that in the winter! COME ON SPRING!

I'm counting on that damn groundhog to make a good prediction for us on Groundhog Day!

Sheesh wouldn't ya know it? We got all these cool smileys and no groundhog to be found anywhere in the pile. Lets pretend this is a groundhog. 🐹 LOL

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's SNOWING ... of course. It's cold -11C feels like -19C. I hate WINTER sometimes. I've hated it for the last 2 weeks except for Wednesday the 26th of January because its was SUNNY as allllllll bloody heck out there allllllllllllll day too!

My back is sore from the shoveling and pushing the snow blower around ...

But I was dressed appropriately and was really nice and warm.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
-10C feels like -15C but really it doesn't feel that cold or horrible when the sun is shining so brightly and beautifully. I am happy to be enjoying all this light. Tomorrow, February 1st, the day before GROUNDHOG DAY ... we are suppose to get a high of +5C. Oh bliss oh joy. BRING IT!

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
+3C feels like -1C ... its a little gray and ugly looking out there. I'm waiting for the sleet and snow and rain and mess that the weather network is threatening us with. I think I need a nap.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MY BACK IS KILLING ME .... I am pooped from shoveling. I need a tractor with a front loading bucket to get at the ice and snow banks that have frozen over and become dangerous ski hills in my front yard. Yesterday it rained pretty much all day and I was hopeful the mess of snow we still have from 2 weeks ago would miraculously melt away. Didn't happen.

Street/sewer grates are covered with ice and snow so flooding occurred in basements of a few houses near me. I was busy helping neighbors and working on the street trying to clear the sewer grates. Then early last evening it started to snow. It's still snowing. All night I heard plows and sand/salt trucks doing their best to work on the main roads and keep things clear. I was up at the crack of O DARK 30:AM clearing more snowy wet slushy ice from the street and driveways and sidewalks.

I need a massage ... and a hot tub and a brief stay in a tropical country. Just until the snow goes away. I'll be back in May.

· Registered
28 Posts
rain, snow, ice, ice storm, snow storm, flooding. Just another week in Louisville.

Currently raising at my place with a rising river. Buddy about 20 minutes northish from me is having an ice storm with trees breaking and electric flickering.

· Administrator
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
rain, snow, ice, ice storm, snow storm, flooding. Just another week in Louisville.

Currently raising at my place with a rising river. Buddy about 20 minutes northish from me is having an ice storm with trees breaking and electric flickering.
Hope the flooding stays away from you Ozzie ... rain snow and all the other crap is just par for the course in Canada's Wonderland.

21 - 40 of 375 Posts