Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine, who breeds Cockatiels (as well as Budgies and Princess Parrots) wanted to hand-raise some babies this season, but with work being so busy, she didn’t have the time, so I offered to do it for her. :biggrin5:

There was a total of 14 eggs all together and she had paired up 20 or so Cockatiels.. only 3 of the eggs survived though. (there was 4 but the chick died a few days later) :(

So, here are the first 3 babies that I hand-raised; they have now gone to new homes and are being so very spoiled! I actually had 9 babies all together, I got 6 more just before these first 3 babies went to their homes. That WOULD have been a handful had I needed to hand-feed all 9 of them. :giggle:

I got these 2 Platinum Pearl babies first:

Photo taken the day I got them — 16/10/10

The third baby I got, a normal Pearl:

2 weeks later, the breeder dropped off this baby (from the same clutch as above 2), she was attacked and stunted so was left with the parents a bit longer. Photo taken the day I got her — 31/10/10

And these photos I took before they left to go to their new homes — December 24th..
* the 2 Platinum Pearls went to a home together, and the normal Pearl went to a man who lives in the next town.

(I can’t tell who is who though with the first 2 babies, the Platinum Pearls :rofl:)

I miss them so much. It was the biggest pleasure to hand-raise these 3 babies though, they are VERY cuddly and are the biggest sooks.. they love sitting on top of your head. The 2 Platinum Pearl babies love cuddling into your neck, too. :lovehearts:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Wow!! The babies were so very cute! It was nice of you to help your friend hand feed them. And they've grown into very handsome birds, might I add. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, are you on TCs? I don’t know if I am mixing you up with someone else. But, thank you. I am going to put up some photos of the 6 babies I am hand-feeding at the moment, one of them is just about ready to go to their new home, sadly. (which he is going to the same home where the 2 Platinum Pearls from the first clutch are, so he will have room mates! :biggrin5:).

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awwwwwwwh! They're mega cute! :lovehearts:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yes, I am on TalkCockatiels. I haven't posted as much on there, but I've been a member since maybe summer or spring.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Awwww what cuties! Tiels are so fun to raise, but I do NOT miss the static screaming :giggle: it's fine with a few but when we had 10-15 babies a once... :sveng: :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I loved it when my cockatiels bred and I left them to it. Some people had requested a couple of parent raised birds so I thought hey, that's easy. I went to the nest box every now and then to have a sneak peak and the babies all just sat there, swaying and hissing at me. Bless :lol:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Aww! They are so adorable Renae :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.