Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my lovebirds have 3 cute baby birds.yesterday i found that the couple birds were too tired to look after these babies(they are all about a month)they became emotional ,especially the female one.As she fighting with her husband,if the babies were in the way,she would BITE them.i am not sure if this is the way how birds communicate? in addition,this is time for the chicks to leave the nest and learn,and i saw that the couple were extremely sleepy when they were taking of their babies.
thus,i got the pet shop's advice,to take the chicks from their parents.however, these babies are really scared and don't eat too much.i know i didn't take them on a good time...what should i do now?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
When breeding lovebirds I have always found it best to remove the male from the cage/aviary. The male can and will kill them if he gets chance as I learnt from past experiences. Put I'm in a separate cage and leave the female to it, she'll be fine on her own. When they have fledged etc you can move the chicks out and put the male back in

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Nah it should be okay once the chicks have fledged and are out of there :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my friend in bird shop told me that to have THREE chicks is too exhausted for the female.Is that true????
I think it is a weird thinking,because if three are too many for lovebird,why she lays SIX eggs????

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Nah they cope really well by themselves. I've never left a male in there with them. Single parents birds can do really well rearing their own chicks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.