Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the summer when I brought my birds back in from the outside shed where they stay for the summer I started having rodent problems found chewed papers in my dressers and droppings so I put poison out that same day I was cleaning out my draws and there they where baby naked mice it was creepy then a few weeks later I started finding the others dead on my floor it was disgusting. Then a few days ago I was looking for something in a draw that I seldomly go in and it had a weird nasty smell didn't think anything about it then today I was washing the stuff in that draw and something fell out of it it was a dehydrated Mouse!!! It smelled so nasty!! Why are mice attract to birds!!! I don't even know how they got in but hopefully there will be no more. :) the thought of them crawling on me while I sleep scares me.
That's my little story. :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
UGH! Nasty! Maybe they're drawn to the bird food??? Still nasty though!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's horrid haha. The beauty of keeping birds of prey is no rodents or anything get in the aviaries, and if they do, the certainly don't come out :lol:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's horrid haha. The beauty of keeping birds of prey is no rodents or anything get in the aviaries, and if they do, the certainly don't come out :lol:
I think I need to get me some birds of prey. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe, it depends on where in the world you come from though :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Bummer :( I can imagine they're hard to apply for

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yeah the birds over there seem to cost loads. Like the Eurasian eagle owl is around $3500-$6000

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah the birds over there seem to cost loads. Like the Eurasian eagle owl is around $3500-$6000
That's crazy one that's worse then that is a hyacinth macaw over here they are $10,000 that's allot!! :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I know yeah, have you seen the prices of the black cockatoos!? it's crazy. But meh, I'd buy a hyacinth, but maybe not to the extent of red-tailed black toos and palms etc.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know yeah, have you seen the prices of the black cockatoos!? it's crazy. But meh, I'd buy a hyacinth, but maybe not to the extent of red-tailed black toos and palms etc.
Yeah their up there in price to due to being almost exstint. Very pretty to.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
It's a shame :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Maybe even less than that. Apparently according to TV there's going to be hardly any big cats left by 2020. If any at all. Humans are mean. Not all of them. But anybody chopping down environments and capturing beautiful animals. Killing for no reason D;

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe even less than that. Apparently according to TV there's going to be hardly any big cats left by 2020. If any at all. Humans are mean. Not all of them. But anybody chopping down environments and capturing beautiful animals. Killing for no reason D;
Yeah I heard about that to people kill lions because they kill there stock when lions where their longer. I love my big cats. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
You HAVE big cats or were you generally saying you love them :lol:?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I love tigers!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.