·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it, too. You think it will work?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It said at the bottom it's for medium sized birds like mini macaws amazon and stuff I think the bar spacing might be to big for a sun conure but I have no idea.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thanks, her current cage has 1/2" bar spacing. I agree that 3/4" would be fine.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i wish i could get solo somthing like the but it would cost me between two and four thousand rand , sorry i cant convert it for you im not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I like the cage, Abby. I have 2 HQ cages, and I really like them. The only draw back in my mind is that the locks that hold the feeder doors closed are just little circles of metal, and some birds learn to open them from inside the cage. Then they crawl right out of the cage through the open feeder doors. Your bird may never try it. I have birds who have been in these cages successfully for years, but Ashlynn learned to get out of that lock very quickly, and I know people on the linnie forum who had linnies who also learned to get out of those feeder doors on their own.

Reactions: Abby

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the bar spacing, my tiels Toby and Joey are in an amazon sized cage and they're fine in it and the bars are great, they've never got heads stuck or anything like that

·
Registered
623 Posts
i know lots of people have hq and they love them. I think they are somewhat reasonable and the food dish system looks really nice.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know lots of people have hq and they love them. I think they are somewhat reasonable and the food dish system looks really nice.
I agree. I'm liking what I see with the dishes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Wow thats a awesome cage Russ is jealous :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, I finally have enough money for this cage! I posted the actual link earlier (http://www.birdscomfort.com/playtopsmall_bird_cages.html) but here is a picture of it for those of you who don't feel like clicking the link. I will be getting it in black. It is $179. It will be for Kiki, and her current cage will hopefully be used by a new Green Cheek Conure I will hopefully be getting around Christmas. What do you think of the cage? Any other suggestions before I place my order?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is also this cage I saw in my catalogue: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=13388 (It also comes in a smaller version.) It's basically the same thing as the HQ, only slightly different. I'd get it in black, still. It looks sort of...cuter? This version is $240 and the smaller version is around $160. I'd probably have to get the bigger version. Do you think the HQ would have better quality? I really love how this one has the BIG door and the seed catcher seems to be larger. It's basically the same size inside, and they both have the playtop. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The only thing I like better about the second one is that the seed skirts are rounded :) Less knocked knees that way! And I have heard horror stories of birds flying into the sharp edges and cutting themselves... a 1 in 1,000,000 chance but still. Otherwise, the only difference is the playtop and that's pure aesthetics. I found the HQ to be a better quality tho, overall, less chipping of the paint and more durable. I would recommend the HQ one, you can always vet wrap the sharper corners or bend them down

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, what help customer service was on that website...not. I don't think this person spoke English, that or he was WAY too lazy to type anything out correctly. He was no help at all. The HQ cage was out of stock in black, so I asked them on chat when a black would come in. And they make me wait forever, suggesting a similar cage but one I didn't like, and then unclearly telling me that they had to "check at the warehouse" or something, and that they would send me an email in five minutes. It took over an hour and all that was sent to me was "we do not expect soon 80024 in balck." Umm...so that still doesn't really leave me with anything. What does "soon" mean? Urghh. So I have time to look some more, I guess, although I'm a pretty impatient person and I really wanted to order the cage soon. Annoyed....

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What other websites carry HQ exactly?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.