Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I love those places. All birds in bad conditions should be in rescues. Have you ever been there before?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love those places. All birds in bad conditions should be in rescues. Have you ever been there before?
Sadly the only time I've been their they weren't open but when I do go I'm taking pics :).

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
My friend tells me about this bird rescue that is close to where I live. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm thinking about going.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My friend tells me about this bird rescue that is close to where I live. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm thinking about going.
If you do take pics!! Theres allot of places I've never been to yet.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I will. It just makes me sad to see birds in distress or sick birds.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will. It just makes me sad to see birds in distress or sick birds.
Or serverly neglected There was one about an African grey that got it's feet burned off and another macaw that had it's wings broken to prevent it from flying away it was wild caught. People are sick.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That's awful and just not right. I can't stand to see animals hurt.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's disgusting! I could never do that. There's images of a cockatoo on google who was put into a breeding pair, fought with the male and now she has no upper mandible :( so sad!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's disgusting! I could never do that. There's images of a cockatoo on google who was put into a breeding pair, fought with the male and now she has no upper mandible :( so sad!
What people do for a buck.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I know :( it's sad

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I saw something similar once. A bird (I believe it was a Green Cheek Conure) was missing part of its beak. I'm not exactly sure what happened, and the bird was acting normally, actually taking care of eggs at the moment, but it didn't look right. It was at the Bird Farm, I'm sure it had already been taken care of and everything, but it still makes me feel bad for him. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's sad Abby :( at least they are still healthy and well!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.