Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, over the course of a few weeks, I've been noticing that my conure, Ace, has been doing a weird thing. She's been rubbing her bum on all sorts of objects, most likely my arm/leg/knee. We don't know their gender yet, but is this normal conure behaviour?

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Ace is in the MOOD ... for LOVE! 😍😛🐣💕

Be careful when and where you pat him/her. Only preen or scratch the upper face/beak and head area. Do not pat the birds back or wings. Touching them on their body will trigger sexual need in the bird and you don't want that. I do find it interesting how some birds have the urge to mate with inanimate objects or their owners hands and arms, when other birds of the same species don't do this behavior at all.

My budgies never did this mating ritual with me. Never! When I visited at friends house her budgie would immediately fly over to me plunk its butt on my hand and do the nasty with crazy abandonment. I always laughed at this, his owner never stimulated him by petting him somewhere he shouldn't have been petted so it was strange that he used me as his sexual outlet.

He never did this with his owner.

I guess I was just too sexy for this bird! 😉🐥

1 - 2 of 2 Posts