Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've not posted for a while now but I am here now posting to announce a new member of my flock.

Her name is Jewel & she's a Dusky Pionus (one of my dream birds) I never thought I'd find one but I did. She'll be coming home in about 3 weeks. Here are some pics of her.

Jewel & her brother Jared. She's on the left side.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Apple,
MY DREAM BIRD, TOO! I'm so happy for you that you found one. You MUST keep posting all sorts of updates so that I can live vicariously through you. Is your new bird a baby? Is that a clutch mate in the first picture with your bird?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
WOW! So happy you're getting her!

I'm very glad you're back on here too :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apple,
MY DREAM BIRD, TOO! I'm so happy for you that you found one. You MUST keep posting all sorts of updates so that I can live vicariously through you. Is your new bird a baby? Is that a clutch mate in the first picture with your bird?
Oh how cool nanay!! She's 5 months old & that is her clutch mate. :lovehearts:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Aww shes so darling lucky you I heard there great birds

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Beautiful! They almost make me think of a giant bourkes with the pastel colors. Nanay, I think her brother Jared is calling your name... :whistle:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I love dusky pionus! I'm so jealous. I used to have a cross breed pionus that I had to sell when I got divorced. I hope to get a dusky some day!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Sally,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pionus. Divorces cause many losses. I know from experience. I hope you can get another pionus soon. Don't linnies remind you of little pionus, though?

Jenny,
I think I am just going to have to find one some day. :whistle:

Tracey,
I've never seen one in person. I've heard so many varied descriptions of their colors. Could you tell us what your eyes see when you look at a dusky in person. Also, are the parents' colors different from the babies' colors?

Reactions: Jenny

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha, Nanay. Doooooo itttttt :lol:

I really want a bronze winged pionus

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sally,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pionus. Divorces cause many losses. I know from experience. I hope you can get another pionus soon. Don't linnies remind you of little pionus, though?

Jenny,
I think I am just going to have to find one some day. :whistle:

Tracey,
I've never seen one in person. I've heard so many varied descriptions of their colors. Could you tell us what your eyes see when you look at a dusky in person. Also, are the parents' colors different from the babies' colors?
I don't have her yet so I can't tell you what a Dusky looks like in person....yet. :p

I know as adults, they get really nice deep colors, so beautiful. :lovehearts: The parents are darker....people say the duskies remind them of hawks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought I'd add the newest picture of Jewel at nut time. LOL The breeder says that if she is not on time for "nut" time, they get down off the cage & go looking for her. LMAO! She called them "little nags". :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
she is gorgeous and the colours around her rump and tail are so pretty!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.