Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now in summer and the problem came:air conditioner or not?here the daily temperature is about 78°F to 89°F,sometimes in July and August it will raise to 94°F......should I take the cages in the living room and let my lovebirds enjoy the air conditioner with us:confused:
if yes,is that possible that my birds get sick easily due to the diversity of the temperature???the machine can't work all day long:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
What are they used to? Changing the temperature rapidly can stress them or make them sick. Parrots can handle high temps without a problem, as long as there is air circulation. The biggest thing is keeping it consistent. So if they're outside, I wouldn't worry until it's over 90° and then maybe just put a fan in the room so they have some good air circulation - not pointed at them, it should be indirect. People keep birds in outdoor aviaries year round here in FL and it gets brutal

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
^ what Jenny said :lol:

I live in England where the weather is bi-polar so I wouldn't worry

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Where are the birds' cages usually?
Also, I heard that unlike popular belief, birds do better in cold weather than hot. Not sure how true this is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in New Mexico and our favorite saying is, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change". Amy does fine in the air conditioning, I just make SURE that she is not in an area where she will feel a "draft". I was told once, a long time ago that Amy could catch a cold if I put her in a "drafty" or "breezy" place.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I was going to suggest putting the birds in an area where some of this air conditioning might somewhat get to them. But I'm not sure, I don't know anything about your house or the weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.