Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex & Me

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of the book Alex & Me? Has anybody actually read it? I read a sample of it on my mom's new NookColor and it seems pretty good.

If you're unsure about which book I'm talking about, go here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Alex-Me-Scientist-Uncovered-Intelligence/dp/0061672475"]Amazon.com: Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Uncovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence--and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process (9780061672477): Irene M. Pepperberg: Books[/ame]

#5 ·
I can imagine it was horrible for her, losing such a wonderful bird, I mean losing any bird is horrid but that bird was just like WHAT!? He was so clever. I can imagine the heart-ache.

#6 ·
I have it too, its really great :D
I also just got 'Wingin' It' for Christmas. Its about a wild caught African Grey, and the womans life trying to train and bond the wild grey - less educational, more funny.

#13 ·
I think I saw that book at a book store while I was browsing as well. I thought the Alex & Me one looked more interesting, but I didn't really know much about the other one.

#16 ·
Abby,
Since you are already reading Alex and Me, and you like it, why not go with that idea for your term paper. I think it was Daisy who suggested something along the lines of greys understanding language instead of merely mimicing it. I haven't read the book, but suspect you would get a lot of information to support that in the book.

#18 ·
That's great Abby, I may buy it :) erm what's wingin it about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.