Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minnie layed another egg. :doh:
Those of you who kept up with Minnie's problems and the stress it caused last time will understand my exasperation.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Oh dear Abby! I hope that can be sorted out... well seeing as the egg has passed she should be alright. But I can see your concern :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know about the daylight thing. I'm not too concerned. She's completely on pellets, she should have enough nutrients to get through the eggs. I'll do as much as I can to get her out of breeding mood.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I know about the daylight thing. I'm not too concerned. She's completely on pellets, she should have enough nutrients to get through the eggs. I'll do as much as I can to get her out of breeding mood.
You wanna send your breeder mood this way I could use it here. :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I wish I could! I hear people wishing that their birds would just get into the mood, and then I'm like here take Minnie's, I don't want it! ;)
But I love Minnie all the same.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's good Abby. Maybe if it continues will you consider getting her a man then?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to get her a man! At least not now. ;)
Not that it really matters since it will just be thrown away, but the egg Minnie layed looks a lot healthier than the last couple eggs I saw her lay. I think she's healthy and the pellets have helped!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Ah that's great! And yes if you could get her a mate when she's a bit older she might really like you for it. But I know you really don't wanna risk your friendship!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once I get busier and start getting more birds, I'll probably get her a mate.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's cool :) so you ARE planning on getting some more ;)?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh definitely! It doesn't stop here! ;)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After I graduate high school, I'm getting a Congo African Grey Parrot for sure. I love African Greys. I also want a macaw, probably a Blue and Gold Macaw, although a Hyacinth would be great! Then there will be a lot of smaller additions, as well, such as finches. I want to breed some Zebra Finches off to the side, as well as maybe getting Minnie a mate. And some additional budgies.

Other birds I have considered are Senegal Parrots, Green Cheek Conures, and Cockatoos.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
After I graduate high school, I'm getting a Congo African Grey Parrot for sure. I love African Greys. I also want a macaw, probably a Blue and Gold Macaw, although a Hyacinth would be great! Then there will be a lot of smaller additions, as well, such as finches. I want to breed some Zebra Finches off to the side, as well as maybe getting Minnie a mate. And some additional budgies.

Other birds I have considered are Senegal Parrots, Green Cheek Conures, and Cockatoos.
Wow thats a big list :) Your house will be full of colors. In a few years I'm going to get me a green cheek.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'm getting a green cheek any time in May :p I can't wait! Oh Abby. I want to add more too. But it's so unrealistic. Well it might be if I carry on the way I'm going. And if I have the money! XD
Galah, Major mitchell's cockatoo, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo, moluccan cockatoo, umbrella cockatoo, bare eyed cockatoo, Ducorp's cockatoo OR Goffin's cockatoo, cockatiels, dusky lory, rainbow lorikeet, black capped lory, solomon island eclectus, barraband, crimson rosella, eastern rosella, scarlet chested parrot, bourkes parrot, budgies, red fronted kakariki, yellow fronted kakariki, greater vasa parrot, congo grey, timneh grey, cape parrot, jardine's parrot, meyer's parrot, red bellied parrot, senegal parrot, peach faced lovebirds, masked lovebirds, fischer's lovebirds, IRN, derbyan parakeet, hyacinth macaw, blue and gold macaw, scarlet macaw, green winged macaw, military macaw, buffon's macaw, red-fronted macaw, yellow collared macaw, hahns macaw, golden conure (maybe xD), blue crowned conure, nanday conure, mitred conure, cherry head conure, jenday conure, sun conure, patagonian conure, quaker parakeet, green cheeked conure, crimson bellied conure, painted conure, pacific parrotlet, black capped caique, white bellied caique, hawk headed parrot, white crowned pionus, blue headed parrot, bronze winged pionus, dusky pionus, double yellow headed amazon. Blue fronted amazon, orange winged amazon.
Hahahaha I want a lot ;) BUT not ALL as hand tame xD I want to breed a lot :) hehe. I'm so unrealistic. But I WILL try to get that flock xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Although I love all parrots, I wouldn't want all of those. I want a somewhat manageable flock! Even if I don't own some parrot species, I would definitely still spend time handling them outside of my home, so I'd still get those chances.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean but that's why I said I'd breed a lot of them rather than have hand tame birds. I can admire them either way :) I couldn't manage all of them if they were hand tame xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I prefer hand tame birds and birds that I spend time with rather than aviaries and breeding them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.