Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue.
The large plastic dishes that came with my flight cage, well, the little plastic hooks are broken and therefore they don't stay well to the side of the cage. I end up temporarily duck taping them in a way the bird's don't notice or can't really get to the tape to chew it. Usually they end up falling anyway and creating a mess. And also, I have to rip the duck tape off when I want to take the dishes out, which is a pain.
I have other smaller dishes I can use (I think if any of us that have been owners of multiple birds for multiple years can relate to having tons of random bird dishes) but they are very small for Kiki and she can't perch on them at all, she'd probably have to hold onto the side of the cage and dip her head in.
I am going to be buying some stainless steel dishes that screw to the side of the cage but until then I need to find a way to keep the other cups attached without them falling. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what they are! Sadly... I hate them. :p So I'd never replace them. Like I said, I'm buying nice large stainless steel dishes that will hold tightly onto the side of the cage. Right now I'm just brainstorming what I can do to keep the broken dishes I have up there.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
They do kinda suck there a pain to get clean. I use plastic cups for my cages. I was thinking about using an automatic feeder for a dog for them but I filled it with food and most of it slide right out so can't use them. I'll stick with my plastic or glass bowls. :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See with that, Jenny, they don't stay propped up. And Kiki weighs so much she always tips them over. (Bless her heart, she must feel so fat! :lol: ) And then randomly if a dish is on the ground with food, she lifts up the dish and shakes it and throws it, sending the food everywhere. (Sigh.... :p)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
See with that, Jenny, they don't stay propped up. And Kiki weighs so much she always tips them over. (Bless her heart, she must feel so fat! :lol: ) And then randomly if a dish is on the ground with food, she lifts up the dish and shakes it and throws it, sending the food everywhere. (Sigh.... :p)

Could you use clothespins or binder clips to hold them in place? I use binder clips, since they're strong and keep them out of reach of the birds

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a great idea, I will try that. Thanks, Jenny.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I've had to put them on the floor if nothing else has worked too, so it's good for the time being

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At this second I'm using the smaller dishes and just constantly refilling them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.