Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had one aviary and could fill it with lots of birds but only one species, which bird species would you choose?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I would choose bourkes.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I already have an aviary for my Budgies, but I still want to get a few more Budgies since it will easily fit quite a few.

I want to get another aviary (much, much, bigger then the Budgies aviary) and take in as many re-home Cockatiels as I can.. this is something that one day, I really will do. I feel so bad because they are one bird I am seeing a heck of a lot lately being re-homed. Cockatiels are my top favorite birds and there is far too many people who own them when they shouldn't especially those that think they are recyclable. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd like one huge macaw habitat :lol: I wish....

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha Spicky :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would probably choose budgies, too. What do you think of Rock Pebblers? I heard they make great aviary birds.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maybe diamond doves :)
If I could have another with them I'd have some finches..

Then a budgie aviary, maybe a huge Pionus aviary too :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Rock Pebs are really cute. They're pretty big. I've never known them to make much noise. They breed pretty well but I've found that they don't seem to get along with other birds but hey that could just be our own.

I'd love to re-fill my huge aviary with budgies. I loved walking in there with millet and being attacked haha! So cute. I had a cockatiel aviary too, they loved being misted and whenever it rained they'd all hold on to the front side of the mesh with their wings out. The lutinos all looked like angels :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aww, I want at least one aviary when I eventually move out. It's a bit different from the lives my own birds lead at the moment. (Not that I'd ever put my birds I own right now in an aviary.) Sort of like a different way of living. Not better or worse. But it would also be fun to observe the birds in the aviary.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Budgie probably.English ones in one and regs in the other YAYYYYYY

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
pterosaurs
:rofl::rofl::rofl: That would be awesome!!

I would probably do a Lori aviary, actually, probably with Rainbow Lories. Just watching them hop about, roll around and wrestle on the ground, then jump all over you like "HEY HEY HEY HEY! ARE YOU A TOY?! YOU HAVE FOOD?!?! OMG I LOVE YOU!! HEEEEEY!!!" is too fun :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha I've been in three of the walkthrough ones you see at zoos and the lories are like ah! hair! gotta play with it! Oh! Camera! Mine now!

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am working on some walk-in flights for my mousebirds...they are still in progress. I have a similar flight that my cockatiels are housed in. The only difference is I can landscape the mousebird flight, whereas I can't with the tiels because they chew and destrot plants.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awesome work! Your set up looks great

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
She has some awesome birds Abby!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like it. And also, Daisy, are those Sun Conures in your avatar? They're really pretty. My avatar is of my Sun Conure.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yeah they are. I took it in one of the large aviaries in discovery cove. There was like 6 on me at some point but I could only hold the camera there. I keep changing my avatar. I get bored easily haha:lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.