Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful female Indian eagle owl died about an hour ago. I looked outside and she was fine, 10 minutes later she suffered a heart attack.

I can't write much. I feel dead. I've lost one of the most precious things to me.

I'm sorry.

She was going to be 2 in January

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jenny. I made my self really ill from it. I can't believe she's gone. A heart attack. How awful. She is meant to live to around 30 not 1. Urgh sorry for my little rants. I just can't get over it. She was so stiff and cold. I can't cut her ID ring off either as it is too damn hard. She's in a massive box (massive bird) at the moment until we can bury her. I just can't get over the shock. The pain it's causing is unreal. It irritates me how some people are so undeserving of owls yet they can survive. My poor bird has a heart attack. Urgh. After handraising her from 3 weeks old I truly do feel like I've lost a child. She was so beautiful and it is horrible to walk past the giant empty aviary without being hooted at or verbally abused by an owl.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCtFPEPeMe0"]YouTube - Indian Eagle Owl Study[/nomedia]

A crappy little video I filmed a little while ago just trying to show people how gorgeous she was. Have a peek if you want

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be devestated. To lose such a beautiful creature. My heart goes out to you.
Thank you. I am so upset I haven't stopped crying for nearly four hours.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Thanks Jenny. I made my self really ill from it. I can't believe she's gone. A heart attack. How awful. She is meant to live to around 30 not 1. Urgh sorry for my little rants. I just can't get over it. She was so stiff and cold. I can't cut her ID ring off either as it is too damn hard. She's in a massive box (massive bird) at the moment until we can bury her. I just can't get over the shock. The pain it's causing is unreal. It irritates me how some people are so undeserving of owls yet they can survive. My poor bird has a heart attack. Urgh. After handraising her from 3 weeks old I truly do feel like I've lost a child. She was so beautiful and it is horrible to walk past the giant empty aviary without being hooted at or verbally abused by an owl.

YouTube - Indian Eagle Owl Study

A crappy little video I filmed a little while ago just trying to show people how gorgeous she was. Have a peek if you want
She was absolutely stunning... I, and everyone else on here, can sympathize with your grief. Losing our birds is like losing a family member, a part of ourselves. When I lost my Mizu and got home and saw her... I just held her in my hands and cried and cried. I couldn't move, I couldn't look at her, I was just frozen. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, if there's anything we can do for you, let us know, we're here for you. Rant all you need to :hug: We're here to listen

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She was stunning. Those eyes were amazing. I am sorry for your loss. We are here to listen to whatever you need to say.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for being so supportive. I know the feeling Jenny. I was holding onto her for about 45 minutes trying to prop her head up. I shut her eyes for her. I examined her. She was perfect in every way. I went over her wings and tail over and over. She was too deadly whilst alive to cuddle me so I went ahead and did it then. The scars and scratches across my arms will be a sweet reminder of her and I will be getting a small tattoo of a chubby little owl with rest in peace wrote underneath in memory of that huge fluffy thing. Scary as she was she will always be my baby. My Harris' hawk will be so confused. Hopefully when I feel more prepared I can add another bird of prey to my heart but I don't think I can for a long time. Nothing will be as odd and as beautiful as her in my opinion. She was great. Clumsy and not so graceful in flight but never failed to look pretty hehe. She used to poop on my desk when I was on the computer and sit on the back of the chair whilst I was working. She entertained and amazed people. She educated people. She will be one of the worst loses of my life. I'm so sorry for rambling on guys but I need to let it out

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Oh, gosh...I am so sorry...that must be awful...Awh, I'm just so sorry. :( I wish I could help so badly..She was absolutely beautiful. It isn't fair, I know it isn't....I lost one of my birds a few months ago. My friend just lost her brother in a car accident a few days ago. Death isn't fun. Wow...she really was truly beautiful...

She's flying free now, and I bet you she watching over you right now. It's okay, soon things will get better. I promise.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the loving support. I just feel like I've been kicked in the face over and over. I went to school for about ten minutes and was told to go home because I was such a mess. I really can't deal with it at the moment. It's too painful. I felt like I've lost part of me and I have no chance of getting it back.

She was beautiful. It's such a shame.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's okay honestly. We buried her right next to the house too, so she'll never be far away :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I'm glad you got to bury her! When my Rosco passed away, I couldn't look at him, being dead in the bottom of the cage. My dad threw him out in the garbage can! I was horrified when I found out. I really wanted to bury him....

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh my god that's horrible. My granddad used to just throw away the budgies into the garbage and I used to go crazy about it. That's what I get for having so many at once I guess :( I'd have ran out of space to bury them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.