Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had this barn owl now for some time that we got for free, it is a few years old and not hand tame or anything so she just chills in her aviary at my uncles.

We STILL haven't got a name for her. So I'm asking for some suggestions!

I don't currently have any pics of her as her and Juggernaut are really terrified of cameras, so I'd rather not stress them out, and being in dark aviaries you can't see them so good without the flash...

I do have a quick video of Juggers though! [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpayYRpctCE"]YouTube - Eurasian eagle owl (only a quick look)[/nomedia]

Very scary :yesnod: she's a sweetie though

Just in case you haven't seen a barn owl ... you most likely have!... I will include a picture of one

Attachments

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Your owl looks like the owl in "The Secret of N.I.M."

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what that is nanay :(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That is a Don Bluth animated movie. I have the DVD. I'm not sure if the date, 1982, on the cover is the year the movie came out or the year the DVD came out. That might not be the kind of owl that is in the movie, but it looks the same to me. I don't know anything about owls.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe well she's a Eurasian eagle owl, if you've ever watched the fox and the hound I think that's what the big owl is meant to be. But hey, it's the sort of stereotypical owl in my opinion :lol:

I googled images for it and I can truly say that is somewhat terrifying!

·
Registered
993 Posts
awww daisy super cute, shes lucky to be with you :) hmmm an owl name...thats hard
Be
P.s I heart fox and the hound big mama roxs, and nanay the secret of nimh was one of my fav movies too I didnt care for the second one though

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooo those are awesome names! I love Anubis. That's a maybe. Thanks guys! And yeah Big Momma was so floofy and awesome!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.