Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... i took munch's sleeping tube out to maybe help the aggression issue. but come bed time she will NOT go onto a perch. i put her back on it, getting fingers ripped up and she just climbs down and sits on the floor staring at me. she did this for a half hour and i gave up and gave her the sleeping tube to sleep in just for at night... i put it in a new spot, pretty much at floor level and she climbed right in and went to bed. no drama after.

i plan on removing it in the mornings for the day but will this still fuel her aggression if i let her have it just to sleep in it? or is there some way to "wean" her off of it and onto a perch?​

·
Registered
340 Posts
Try a snuggle ring or something similiar. I've tied fleecie strips to a shower ring for Levi, and I drape a small towel over his sleeping spot, on the outside of the cage. This gives him a private area, but doesn't cause the same aggression that a sleepy hut does.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have put one in the cage in the spot the sleeping tube used to be. she uses it during the day. but will not sleep up there :S

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I love those snuggle ring things! haha The Brute Squad is right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, but she sits on the bottom of the cage a lot too. she plays mostly on the bottom of the cage so if she sleeps down there too, i worry about her foot health. 90% of her day is spent on the bottom of the cage grate. shes not ill she just likes being on the ground. id rather prevent foot problems then treat them later

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
many of my birds spend a lot of time on the floor! I wouldn't worry about it. But some foraging toys down there too, let her use that time on the floor wisely hehe

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i put foraging trays in, a basket filled with foot toys, toilet paper rolls, a lot of her toys are hung low... she plays on the floor, particularly one corner of the cage. but thats my concern. all she does is sit on the floor and play there. she needs variety for her feet so i dont want her down there on the grate 24/7.... ive read standing on grates or the same type of perch causes bumble foot and other sores and i just dont want that to happen :( rather prevent the pain it causes.

right now shes running around the bottom of the cage.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yeah I understand what you mean, hmm. Maybe put things in the bottom of the cage to walk across :)?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
then she poops on them lol for now im going to only put the tube in at night... all i can do so she doesnt mess her feet up eventually. ill find somthing..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Unless you tie her down, she will move if her feet are hurting. Just keep the grates extra clean and she will do what she wants any way, she is a lovebird. They are 10 times as stubborn as plets!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well good news, after rearranging the cage shes decided where she wants to sleep and im happy with it. up on a perch :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.