Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I came back from Moscow which was amazing! And I realized I don't care for parrots like I use to so I got a new hobby!! It's keeping poultry! I have 12 chicks and 2 ducks and 2 geese All the male roos will be on my dinner plate after I get chicks from them I have 6 leghorns 2 red pullets and 4 silkies I want my baby geese to be my guard geese so I been spending allot of time with them so when their older they will attack everyone else. My cousin after we got back from Moscow bought me a African grey which I wasn't found of but oh well it's here now. I still have my budgies but their only for breeding I got two pairs of budgies their siblings breeding one has 4 eggs and fertile the other has 3 eggs and fertile I should be getting some inos out of the brother. I will be setting up Diego and Pearly to breed but I haven't done that yet. They all live outside now because I don't trust my 4 month old with them and plus another baby will be here in July and I don't want them waking her up. I would post pics but that would be a waste of time for the one person that might read this so...Peace out!!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
keeping poultry is fun, though I could never kill and eat my own :yikes: I'm far too scared haha. So did you rehome some of your budgies and cockatiels or do you still have them? I'm asking 'cause you said you only have 2 breeding pairs now, so I assume you did!

Silkies are my favourite kinds of chickens, we kept them for a while.

At the moment we have golden pheasants, different kinds of chickens and some Chinese painted quail, I have some pictures but they're not amazing, the golden pheasants are so hard to capture, they move so fast, the one of the female is awful and blurry and I zoomed in on the male at the back of the aviary, dunno if you can see him very well though :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keeping poultry is fun, though I could never kill and eat my own :yikes: I'm far too scared haha. So did you rehome some of your budgies and cockatiels or do you still have them? I'm asking 'cause you said you only have 2 breeding pairs now, so I assume you did!

Silkies are my favourite kinds of chickens, we kept them for a while.

At the moment we have golden pheasants, different kinds of chickens and some Chinese painted quail, I have some pictures but they're not amazing, the golden pheasants are so hard to capture, they move so fast, the one of the female is awful and blurry and I zoomed in on the male at the back of the aviary, dunno if you can see him very well though :eek:
I been researching how to to properly do the job since I don't want them to suffer their showing signs of fighting now I do want baby chicks just to see if I can hatch them like my geese I got one of each sex the only other person I know has poultry lives across the street from me I was only gonna have 6 chicks but I wanted bantams since I always thought their feathered feet were awesome.
As for the budgies I've been selling them when I have babies I sell more of the ones that I don't want to lower the number down but I still have my 6 tiels and 4 finches I almost lost the female due to the cold weather but I brought her back in within hours she was bouncing around. The power going out here a few days ago almost killed my baby red pullet I found her upside down in the waterer I had to heat her up with a blanket but she pulled through as well.
Your chicks are gorgeous especially your roo

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
thank you! Sounds like a lot has been going on :yikes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.