Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this television advertisement so charming! ispot.tv gives this description: While painting her room soft sky blue, a bird lands next to the window. Although it could be chance, Benjamin Moore thinks the bird landed next to her window to admire her quality painting job. The company says that quality gets noticed and encourages you to use Benjamin Moore paints for a quality painting job.

I would like to share this commercial here:

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I find this television advertisement so charming! ispot.tv gives this description: While painting her room soft sky blue, a bird lands next to the window. Although it could be chance, Benjamin Moore thinks the bird landed next to her window to admire her quality painting job. The company says that quality gets noticed and encourages you to use Benjamin Moore paints for a quality painting job.

I would like to share this commercial here:
So, I tried to edit this post to "drop" the video directly in this post, instead of a quoted link, but I could not do so. But the good thing is that the link is "true" and takes you to the ispot.tv website without fail, for you to view the video there, yourself. Leave me a comment on how you feel about using birds in commercial advertisements. Does this one work for you, as it did for me? Thanx! ~Sweet Parakeet

·
Super Moderator
6,038 Posts
So, I tried to edit this post to "drop" the video directly in this post, instead of a quoted link, but I could not do so. But the good thing is that the link is "true" and takes you to the ispot.tv website without fail, for you to view the video there, yourself. Leave me a comment on how you feel about using birds in commercial advertisements. Does this one work for you, as it did for me? Thanx! ~Sweet Parakeet
The only videos I think we can load to show and play on here is Youtubes. Any other sites just load the link for us to click and check out. I'm sure a lot of us have good anti-virus/malware or other on our systems today so we are good to click and be safe!

I did check out the link and loved the commercial .... its perfect and as you said, Charming!

I don't mind birbs being used in commercials .... we don't know exactly how they shoot these things. A lot of content I see these days is CGI computer generated. The company making the commercial could do a few short video clips needed of a simple canary bird right in its own home.

There are types of canary's that look like a song bird but the song they sing would be completely different then what you heard in the clip. They could video a canary, then edit in sounds of a wild song bird in the clip. All the while the canary is sitting at its own home in its own room and just casually being video'd flying to its own window as it does day in day out. (no training needed and the bird doesn't have to be moved to a studio to film it on a fake window) The window ledge in the canary's room might be metal, not a problem .... the bird is video edited onto a new wooden window frame and ledge for the clip ... and then perfect SKY BLUE background and trees or scenery is added. CGI is incredible!

The video quality the background and color of all of this, even the sounds of the brush scraping against the can and the paint plopping off the brush back into the can and then the bold loud sound of the brush softly scraping paint on the wall is well done. The tiny peeps of the bird after it lands with the loud wing flaps draw you in. All the while the announcers ''Grandpa'' type, deep knowitall calm cool and collected voice of reason lulls you into it even more. It's a little hypnotizing.

NO .... I'm not drunk!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only videos I think we can load to show and play on here is Youtubes. Any other sites just load the link for us to click and check out. I'm sure a lot of us have good anti-virus/malware or other on our systems today so we are good to click and be safe!

I did check out the link and loved the commercial .... its perfect and as you said, Charming!

I don't mind birbs being used in commercials .... we don't know exactly how they shoot these things. A lot of content I see these days is CGI computer generated. The company making the commercial could do a few short video clips needed of a simple canary bird right in its own home.

There are types of canary's that look like a song bird but the song they sing would be completely different then what you heard in the clip. They could video a canary, then edit in sounds of a wild song bird in the clip. All the while the canary is sitting at its own home in its own room and just casually being video'd flying to its own window as it does day in day out. (no training needed and the bird doesn't have to be moved to a studio to film it on a fake window) The window ledge in the canary's room might be metal, not a problem .... the bird is video edited onto a new wooden window frame and ledge for the clip ... and then perfect SKY BLUE background and trees or scenery is added. CGI is incredible!

The video quality the background and color of all of this, even the sounds of the brush scraping against the can and the paint plopping off the brush back into the can and then the bold loud sound of the brush softly scraping paint on the wall is well done. The tiny peeps of the bird after it lands with the loud wing flaps draw you in. All the while the announcers ''Grandpa'' type, deep knowitall calm cool and collected voice of reason lulls you into it even more. It's a little hypnotizing.

NO .... I'm not drunk!
I really appreciate your thoughts of how this commercial could have been filmed. And your mutual admiration for the content of this advertisement. Bravo! Mr. Peepers! And it was J. who first brought attention of this commercial to me, before I had seen it aired. So, I guess this makes our reaction THREE THUMBS UP. 👍👍👍

·
Super Moderator
6,038 Posts
I really appreciate your thoughts of how this commercial could have been filmed. And your mutual admiration for the content of this advertisement. Bravo! Mr. Peepers! And it was J. who first brought attention of this commercial to me, before I had seen it aired. So, I guess this makes our reaction THREE THUMBS UP. 👍👍👍
I wasn't drunk! I SWEAR! :whistle:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts