Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here. I own lovebirds & gouldian finches & have volunteered at a bird rescue for 2 years. I'm ready for a bigger bird. I'm looking for a medium sized parrot, that's not super loud or messy, that I can spend time with & handle regularly, is friendly or even cuddly & bonus if they can talk for fun. I've been trying to do my research. I'm thinking maybe a rainbow lorikeet or moustache parakeet, but would love opinions & suggestions. I do like the more rare, bright birds. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
6,830 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Talk Parrots, I don't really know many people with medium sized parrots. The largest bird I've seen that a friend owns is a caique, and its an insane little terror of activity. They are a little larger then the many breeds of conures and I adore them because they are so goofy fast and intelligent and so incredibly playful and fun to watch. They pack a big punch for a smaller type bird that can live 40 years.

Good luck in your quest to find the right bird for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and Welcome to Talk Parrots, I don't really know many people with medium sized parrots. The largest bird I've seen that a friend owns is a caique, and its an insane little terror of activity. They are a little larger then the many breeds of conures and I adore them because they are so goofy fast and intelligent and so incredibly playful and fun to watch. They pack a big punch for a smaller type bird that can live 40 years.

Good luck in your quest to find the right bird for you.
Thank you got your response! I've don't know much about Caiques. I'll have to look into that. They sound fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Smaller than love bird. actually smaller in length than a budgie (they have a shorter tail) but stouter body. Some talk, I am over at talkparrotlets.com. We have quite a few users with talkers. Some claim vocabularies of 30 to 60 words. I have had 3, one talked a bit, the other did not and my newest is too soon to tell.

Here is my new guy. He likes to be held. They definitely are not big birds. Just big autitudes.

Hand Bird Finger Nail Parrot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts