Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am now a member of a birdy club and I went to my first auction today. They had a lot of stuff but I was only after a cock budgie, although I did nearly end up with a splendid parakeet and a blue-winged parakeet :lol:

I got my cock budgie for £4.50! There were no bids on him except for mine so hey! He's beautiful and I shall post pictures soon. He isn't tame, he's for breeding but he DID sit on my hand for a while earlier. I was pleased :biggrin5:

It's too dark now to put him in the aviary so he's in my living room until then.

I got an enormous bag of food about half the size of my self off somebody who didn't need it for free! I got two large bags of parakeet food for £2 and I got two MASSIVE bags of millet for £2. I also got a ton of nesting material for £4 and I got a new quail hiding cover shelter thing for £2!! I am SO pleased with what I got.

Being as it's Alex's birthday next Monday I'll be bringing him with me so hopefully we will have some more birds for then. But yeah they had some beautiful birds going really cheap. Mostly budgies and types of finches n canaries but there was a breeding pair of tiels and the grass parakeets but it varies every week!

So yeah I thought I'd let you all know!

I'll tell you what happens next week :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No its local to my area :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That's great, Daisy!
The Bird Farm have auctions in their fairs which they hold twice a year. Haven't been to one yet (was busy last time, couldn't make it) but the next time there is a fair, I am definitely going.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The splendid was female and she sold for £8!!! :eek: I was going to have her but I said no to my self for the time being.

And Abby you should so go to them! They're really good fun even if you don't purchase anything

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I can imagine they are. There will be so much to see and experience, as they seem to me as rather large events, so I'm very much so looking forward to going whether I bring my wallet or not. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.