Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to my first bird fair!! :eek:
I'm REALLY excited.
Here on the homepage of the Bird Farm (they recently updated their site, it looks great) it explains the bird fair that I will be going to today. http://www.sugarcreekbirdfarm.com/

I'll be sure to take pictures and tell you all about it when I get back. I can't wait!! :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That is SO awesome! Tell me what it is like! I go to an auction every monday and I'm going to like 3 different ones this week. Maybe you'll bring something back :D? Hehe. Pictures are a must!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I only came back with a tiny bag of treats. :/
I went with my aunt. I was thinking about bringing home some finches, but I decided not to. My parents wouldn't be too happy.

I had a great time, though! It was VERY cool. I saw all kinds of birds. A golden conure was auctioned off at over $1200 I believe. Golden conures are quite rare, I hear. It was a gorgeous bird! I also got to see a whole load of baby amazons and cockatoos, tiny ones that hadn't grown in any feathers yet. They were adorable!!

There is another one of these in October. Since my first time was mainly just to look around, I think I'll actually plan on bringing some birds home next time, and know what I'll be looking for and such.

Sorry Daisy! No pictures. Left my camera at home. :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that's awesome! yes golden conures are very rare and pricey!

but awh, never mind ay? next time get pictures and birds :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Abby - I was at that bird fair last Sunday. I live in the Columbus area. Where are you? They did have a lot of birds for the auction but the one in Columbus last month had more vendors.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! That's weird. I live in the Dayton area, Julie.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome!! I'd love to do that.
This was my first bird event, the next one I know I'm going to is in October I think, which is the same as this one. I'm unaware of any others, so inform me when there are some!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.