Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Talk

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Abby 
#1 ·
I got two bird talk magazines in the mail today! We finally sent in the money after ordering it a few months back. I haven't gotten a chance to read them yet, they look REALLY interesting, so I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think of them.

Anyone else here get that magazine?

#3 ·
Oh yes, I subscribe and read it cover to cover! I can find out about new sites selling parrot toys and supplies from their ads -- always looking for new stuff!

#5 ·
I subscribed to that magazine eons ago when my sons were young and we had the cockatiel, dusky conure, and lory. Back then we didn't have much other information, and I really enjoyed the magazine. Now I sometimes get it. It seems much shorter than it used to, but perhaps that is only me misrembering.

#6 ·
It seems much shorter than it used to, but perhaps that is only me misrembering.
No, you're not misremembering. Bird Talk has really cut back on the content of their magazine. I have been a faithful subscriber for about 18 years, and the past few years have really been a disappointment. Oh well...I guess with all the online information available now, magazines are really suffering. But, at least the pictures are always still really nice, so that alone makes it worth it for me. :)

#7 ·
I'm so far really enjoying the magazines, although now that I know they used to be longer, that really disappoints me. I absolutely love the pictures and the free posters! Articles are okay. I already know a lot of the information in them.

#8 ·
I've never read it, you guys will have to tell me what it is like :)

#9 ·
Abby,
I think they have fewer articles than they used to, but it seems to me they may have a similar amount of pictures and posters. Maybe that will make you less disappointed. I liked the articles the best, but obviously I like to read - and write.

#10 ·
The articles are just as good, and cover some very interesting and up to date topics, but there are more and more adverts in it. They recently re-did it, condensed some of the sections it looks like?

I love the magazine and we've been getting it for... 7 years? I always ask for it as a stocking stuffer, so I don't mind the content cut so much cuz I'm not paying for it :giggle: The last 2 years I've been saving all of them, I need to get a small filing box and start cutting them up and sorting the articles so I have a nice source of information for any problems that may come up

#11 ·
That's a really handy idea, Jenny. I thought of maybe getting a binder and start writing down tips and recipes and DIY and just other random things that I learn on the forums and anywhere else, and compile a sort of reference for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.