Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am driving myself crazy looking for a car seat that can be "strapped in". I don't want a huge bird travel cage...I'm needing something easy and light and easy to put in and out of my car... I've seen the car seat perches, but if I were to get in an accident, the bird would go sailing! I was thinking of just getting a small dog carrier and attaching a perch to the inside and just attaching the seatbelt through the little tab on the top of it, like this...
http://www.petedge.com/product/Home...yle-Kennel-Cabs/pc/194/c/224/sc/313/53228.uts

But then I saw something like this...But I don't know how well it would work since it wouldn't have a perch...
http://www.overstock.com/Pet-Suppli...Stroller-Up-to-20-Pounds/3314215/product.html

Basically, I'm just wanting something to be able to safely strap in and carry my birds so that they are safe in the event of an accident. Any suggestions?? :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
What size is your bird, and do you only want the carrier as a car seat, or are you also wanting to hike with your bird?

·
Registered
127 Posts
How about this? Is it big enough? You could run the seat belt through the backpack straps. Plus the sides are soft so if the bird were to be thrown against the bag, it wouldn't be as likely to be injured as it would if the cage had plastic or metal sides. Plus it is a lot cheaper than the one you posted :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vo-Toys-Voyage-Traveler-Tropical-Print/dp/B0006JM31O"]Amazon.com: Vo-Toys Pet Voyage Bird Traveler Tropical Print 12 1/4 in x 16 in x 8.5 in: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

~Stacie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My birds range in size from a Linnie to a conure. And I just want it for a car seat. I have flight suits for outings and stuff, I just want to have something I can secure in the car.:) Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't really know much about car seats but I hope you find one

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
A friend of mine has two of the one mentioned in Stacie's post from Amazon.com. One is for her Hahn's Macaw and the other for her Caique. Both birds love them!

My friend has a weekend home at Lake of the Ozarks, about 3 hours from St. Louis. They go there every weekend and take the birds. When the birds see those carriers, they get all excited! ROAD TRIP! YIPPEE! They ride all the way there in the back seat, with the seatbelt through the shoulder strap. Works fine for them.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have really inexpensive travel carriers for my birds that I can easily put a seat belt through, but they are not soft-sided like the ones you are looking at. The soft-sided ones might be better in a crash because they would give a little. I don't really know about that. I've seen the expensive one you linked to. It is very nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I'm gonna check out the one on Amazon. And nanay, I'd also love to see the ones you have, too. I appreciate the suggestions! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Persnickety...That looks pretty cool! I am looking for something to contain my bird, though...just in case of an accident,if that makes sense. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.