Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our members on Talk Parrotlets asked me to post this very interesting article about Birds and the Law. I think this is something we all need to know about before any issues come up.

http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-news...s-and-law.aspx

Our member also wrote:
This is extremely important legal information regarding birds and the law. The link came from Kathy Heaton of Bird_Breeder-Hobbyist mailing list. Very recently, 2 owners attempted to bring birds back home to the US and got snarled up in legalities with the USDA because they didn't have proper paperwork. One of the birds was eventually released to its owner, but the other bird was euthanized because of lack of paperwork and proper protocol. The owner of the second bird came to my forums looking for help but we weren't quite fast enough. :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I can't thank you enough for letting us see that article. I am definitely printing it and keeping it handy. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're welcome! I had no idea about this until our Talk Parrotlets member sent it to me!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Thank gosh they did. I found the article very interesting.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I found that it is not illegal in Ohio to own Quaker Parrots, BUT their wings must be clipped. So keep that in mind, too, with Quakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.