Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took some quick pictures of my little diamond dove, Biscotti :)
Do her feathers look a little messy to anyone else? I had another thread but because I had no pictures, it was hard to get opinions.
When she & Pumpernickel were together I believe he plucked her head feathers, at first I thought it was a moult but it lasted too long and she kept getting a little worse. When he died in October she began to look better, and now she just looks a little messy. Anyways, onto pictures.. :lovehearts:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have to say Beth not the normal plummage I have seen on Diamond doves, any chance she is going through moult?

A very good friend of mine breeds DD's I'll see if I can print the picture off and ask his opinion

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is looking better now, compared to when I posted these on TB, which was only about a week ago.
Could it have something to do with her having nightfrights three nights in a row before I took these? :yikes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
:eek: I didn't see those posts - sorry chick !!

Maybe if she has been stressed through night frights it could explain it.

Will print off pics and show to **** my Mr Miagii of the bird world, he's not on the internet, just a true old fashioned bird keeper and breeder :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I would say that was stress related and that could have been bought on by the nightfrights. Try using a little night light. It should help!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for your help Debbie :)
When she had the fright she was in my room, she had been moved b/c my sister was taking care of a ferret that scared her. I got her a night light after the first time, but the next two nights it happened again. Then I moved her back down to her old spot & I don't believe she has has anymore.
Thanks again for your help :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
She could have just been scared due to the move. If she had remained in that place all the time that you'd had her and then suddenly gone elsewhere it would probably scare her. It's good that you've sorted it now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.