Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This picture came from http://www.avianweb.com/sunconure.html.

If you look closely, at the end of the Sun Conure's tail, there is blue and on the blue there is some black. It's really weird. Kiki's tail has the same thing, it looks like ink or something. Does anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I can't imaging what that is! But boy, he sure is beautiful!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I have no idea, but he is a gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Russel has it as well but it doesnt go away when he moults

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Jenny. That's good to know. She's rough with her tail feathers when she crawls around the cage, but I don't think it's anymore than any other bird. It bugs me so much when they look messy! :p
That's strange how the black appears. I don't really understand that.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I think it's from them getting bent, broken, and chewed on - they don't reflect light as well, so they show as black as opposed to iridescent blue. The light doesn't bounce on them like it used to, since they're bent and mangled a bit

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
does this apply to all birds Jenny?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I would guess so, since it's something I've seen in many different parrot species. If it's on the wings or body feathers, it can be stress barring, but on the tail like that it's probably just minor damage. Goober gets it on her wings and tail because she plays so darn rough in her cage all day, rolling around on her back, kicking her feet in the air, flapping her wings into things... lol

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Okay thank you :p I've never really thought about it before!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's cute, Jenny. Kiki has started climbing around like a crazy little thing and playing on her back as well.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
you should film it at some point Abby :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm trying to film her dancing. She dances ALL THE TIME. She tries to get me to dance, too. She'll slowly start, and move her head back and forth slowly, watching me as if she's saying, "Come on, ya gonna do it?" and then when I start she'll go faster. She is so cute. She's been really clownish lately, and she's got such a big personality. It's really come out in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is so cute Abby. Divet likes to dance also. I play The Good, The Bad and The Ugly all the time hoping she will pick up the whistling part of the song.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
guys, your birds are so cute :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kiki is just a bundle of energy and happiness and fun. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.