Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The folks who manage the bird store brought in a clutch of blue parrotlet babies, and Cannary is getting one. The entire clutch consisted of four males. The oldest one is an American white. The other three are blue. She selected the oldest of the three blue babies.

He is almost completely feathered out now. When she selected him a week ago he was all pinfeathers everywhere, and the two younger birds were not even showing their colors. She had said all along she was going to pick the youngest baby, but when she saw the colors on the older blue one, she fell in love.

She has named him Dove, because the name means beloved and also because she likes Dove chocolates, :giggle:. He is currently very sweet. She has been informed that he is likely to become very nippy, something she has never dealt with in her own birds. She thinks she is ready, and so do I.

We took lots of pictures on the cell phone, but I can't load them on here. Maybe some day. :shrug: All of our baby pictures of Ashlynn are on there, too, as well as pictures of Aurora, the umbrella whom we are still strongly wanting to bring home.

We are visiting Dove every day when we can. We had to miss Friday and today. He changes so much each day that we hate to miss a day at least until after he is fully feathered. A week ago he was just begging for food, but yesterday he was enjoying petting, sleeping in her hands, eating dehydrated corn from her fingers, and playing a little with a leather toy.

He is an absolutely beautiful bird! Cannary thinks he is the prettiest bird in the flock. I think he and Stanley are tied. Of course, I think they are all beautiful, but he and Stanley are just stunning.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awh I hope everything goes well with this new bird nanay, and you MUST post pictures. It's compulsory now! Hahah!

·
Registered
212 Posts
oh yay for another parrotlet owner!

Please post pics when you get a second!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was perching today. It was so cute to see such a tiny guy perching. He is all feathered out. He is very gentle at this point, and he likes to be scritched. We know this could change, but we are enjoying it while it lasts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I Use To Have 2 parrotlets one died from unknown causes and i handfed a baby parrotlet and at bout 4 months after being weaned he got a upper respirtory infection and died. I was devestated cause he was my very sweet baby and talked said hello, whatcha doin?, pretty bird and zazu.

He was A cutie he also knew how to play dead as you see in the one picture i miss him he died in 2008

Reactions: nanay

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
awh I'm very sorry for your loss, he was such a gorgeous little fella!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the pictures. I am sorry for your loss, too. He certainly was special.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks I Loved Him Alot Even Though He Wasn't Here Very Long And The Other One was zazu 1 and he was a year old at least and untamed but my baby Zazu was very very tame

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.