Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you haven’t ready my other thread yet.. the other day, I was emailing a man back and forth about a Rosey Bourke he had up for adoption. I had a think about it, and decided to go ahead and email the man back and see if the Rosey Bourke was still up for adoption, and he was, so I said I would be happy to adopt him and give him a forever and loving home, and he was more than happy enough to let me adopt him, so he organized to drop him off today! (Monday)

I can now say, he is home, and his name is Bobby! I am going to keep his name. :giggle: He is the most adorable little bird, he has been out for a fly, he steps and up, and has made himself at home pretty quickly. :affection: He is so quiet too, he has made little noises and they are quieter then a Budgie!

Now, onto photos.. I got photos of him while he was out having a fly around.

PS: Bobby is 4 months old.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What a little cutie. Congrats.

I just got a 4 month old Scarlet Chested Parakeet. A cousin to the Bourke. You will love yours, very quiet, and amazing fliers.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Solace,
He is beautiful. He is a wild-colored, or natural-colored, bourkes as opposed to a rosey. If he is a male, he will have blue on his face. I do not know what age that appears. I wish I could find a natural-colored bourkes male. I love them.

Actually, he may be some color mutation of some sort, but he is definitely not a rosey. Roseys are born with their extra pink coloration.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool :thumbsup: Can't wait to see him in his full color!
Me too!! :biggrin5:

What a little cutie. Congrats.

I just got a 4 month old Scarlet Chested Parakeet. A cousin to the Bourke. You will love yours, very quiet, and amazing fliers.
Thank you! I was going to ask what kind of bird yours is, I have never heard of them - very pretty, the colors stand out so much! :lovehearts:

Solace,
He is beautiful. He is a wild-colored, or natural-colored, bourkes as opposed to a rosey. If he is a male, he will have blue on his face. I do not know what age that appears. I wish I could find a natural-colored bourkes male. I love them.

Actually, he may be some color mutation of some sort, but he is definitely not a rosey. Roseys are born with their extra pink coloration.
Thanks! I only just found out before that he is a normal after someone on another forum said he is wild colored. :eek: I am hoping he is a boy, not that it will matter, but he is used to being called Bobby, lol. I was expecting one of the Pink Bourkes actually, too.

Can you put a Rosey and Normal in with each other? And does it matter if they were to breed? Just asking out of curiosity. :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes, you can put normals and roseys together. If they breed, it is fine. I don't actually breed them, but the rosey is just a color mutation. I believe it is always safe to breed any natural colored bird with a color mutation. If I am incorrect, some of you breeders, please correct me.

My vet, however, has a rosey bourkes and a natural colored bourkes together, so that makes me certain that for this species, this is fine. I also know some other people with bourkes who have a bonded pair in which one is natural and the other is rosey.

I'm glad to hear that the bourkes is already friendly. They are such sweethearts. It is difficult for me to believe that only a few years ago, most people believed they did not make good pets.

Also, Bobby works as a girl's name, too.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Congratulations! Your bird is beautiful. I hope everything goes well with her! I've got a few wild coloured bourkes in my aviary and they're such sweet little things. I think you'll enjoy her hehe!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I thought he might be a wild color, but I don't know enough about bourkes - I figured he would grow into his pink! :giggle: Shows how much I know!

I would think it's fine to breed with the rosies - like Nanay said, it's just a color mutation. There are a lot of crazy, gorgeous color mutations on the Bourkes, and I would only think they would breed back to the natural in some of the lines to keep them healthy and hardy :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats Renae :)
He is stunning!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that Jenny and nanay, and thanks everyone else!

I have been told “he” is actually actually a SHE apparently.. if he were a male, he would have blue crown on the forehead by 4 months? :confused2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.