Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two budgies, Jasper and Celia, are officially a bonded pair I believe! I've been seeing them interact SO much more recently. Today I saw them regurgitating in each others beaks. (Like, I actually saw the...delightful looking stuff.) And then they got very excited and they looked as if they were about to mate. Jasper was trying to get on her back! I am very thrilled and strongly considering attaching a nesting box to their cage. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Wow congrats :D I'd throw a nest box on there if I were you. Is the cage big enough? Cause I'd do it asap while you've got the chance hehe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow how exciting! A nesting box sounds like a good idea right about now lol

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I attached a temporary box just in case, but I think I will run to the store today and get some real nesting material and a nicer box. Hopefully they stay in this mood.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
they should do, budgies breed like crazy.

if this is the bird farm you're going to you best take a ton of pictures for me :p

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha, no, the Bird Farm isn't open today. I'll probably run to Petsmart or something.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
awh :( okay! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is they never seem to be interested in the nesting boxes. :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
it seemed that way with a pair I had before, they hated their partners, so I put the partners with each other and now both pairs are happy, the partner pair has 3 eggs and the miserable pair are going in and out of their box :lol: silly things

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahaha. Another funny thing is Jasper really adores Kiki. He has tried to mate with her several times. He always tries to get on her back and he follows her around.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I remember watching the videos of that, dirty dirty birds!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.