Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have had my lorikeets for a week now and they have just hoped onto my finger! :biggrin5:
But one I think is scared of sticks what am I ment to do? :confused:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea:thumbsup: Can you post any pics? Lorikeets are so cute! Do you have them in the same cage? It's way easier to tame them if you keep them in separate cages.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Take your training and bonding slowly. Slowly introduce your hands. Could you give us some more details about what you are doing and how they are warming up to you and such? Then we could try to give you more advice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What kind of lorikeets do you have? I have a Goldies Lorikeet. My Senegal is afraid of the perch when outside of the cage,she will not step up. I don't know why because she sits on perches all the time in her cage. She will step up on my hand.
Take your time, you have only had them a short time.
Do you have any pictures of your lorikeets?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
your bird seems to be more confident with your hands, I'd use that to your advantage, slowly introduce sticks etc over a period of time, use click and point training, I find it works well

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.
Sorry will post some photos tonight!!! (On sisters camera!)
Yes the lorikeets are in the same cage! They stick together like glue!!!
um well i feed them grapes by hand and then i slowly slip a finger underneath a toe and it jumps on! (only worked once though)
The lorikeets are Rainbow ones! (SO CUTE!)
K
Thanks all

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's good, at least you're getting somewhere! One problem may be that being as they're together and things they may lack interest in you, but if you keep working at it you should find it fine. Can't wait to see them!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! :hurray: Manny (one of the lorikeets i have named short for manic) just jumped on my shoulder!!!! I was fixing something and then he started nibbling at my collar so i moved over and he put one foot on still nibbling then he jumped on and i moved away! he just sat there until i called for my sister to come look which i think was a bad call!!! That was just amazing!!!!! i am going to try again and have a grape as a reward!!! SO HAPPY!!!:biggrin5:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That sounds exciting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.