Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just ordered (they will come tomorrow at some point) a breeding pair of Bengalese (society) finches and a breeding pair of diamond doves!

Excited!

I hope they do well, they should be fine though. I can't wait to see them :lol:

I'll post some pictures when they get here :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loads of cleaning stuff, food, time etc but most of all I got a whole lotta love to share :lol:

·
Registered
799 Posts
You must have your hands full!

I have 16, not including 6 Cockatiel babies and my mum’s 4 birds that I look after and that is a lot according to people! :giggle: (I don’t think so anyway, I know people with 20+ & 30+ birds)

Looking forward to seeing these guys though!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe thanks Solace. I've got more birds than sense :lol:

And Abby, get a plane over here NOW :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
If I could, I would! Hey, my sixteenth birthday is coming up. I could beg my mom to take a trip to the UK... :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Originally, I asked my mom about going to Chicago. She hasn't said anything yet, that is a good sign. I know the UK would be way more expensive, but hey, it's worth a try. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Aww, I can't wait to see them!
Diamond doves are awesome little birds :) I had two, and was planning on breeding them, but my male died in October :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Really? I wouldn't have expected thaat from Doves. How do you care for Diamond Doves? What kind of cage are they kept in?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They can be kept in a normal bird cage, I've never known them to be kept in anything different. I'm unsure as to whether we want ours in the aviary or not yet but if not I've got a cage ready for them. They're such gorgeous little birds :biggrin5:

And Abby have you ever been to the UK before? It's cold, damp and dark, we get about 3 days of summer :lol: I can't understand half of the British people and I'm British myself hahahah. Some places here are beautiful but most of the time people visit London. How come everybody seems to really want to visit the UK? I know you said you wanted to go to Chicago and stuff, but a lot of my friends from online and stuff really love coming to the UK XD I was really lucky. I bumped into somebody I knew over the internet from the far east who had come to London the same day as me and we spent some time together. That was fun :D not saying everybody should meet up with internet folk. She was my age and really awesome. I'd been speaking to her all the time on skype. So atleast I knew she wouldn't kill me :lol: London will kill you when it comes to money though. Everything is SO expensive. I live near Birmingham and Wolverhampton and the shops there are cheaper but still really good. There's loads of falconry centres here too which is pretty cool

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I just want to go to the UK to visit you and see all of your aviaries! But I think it would be really cool to go to London, too.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe. You'd be here for a few minutes though XD the birds often flee from anything near them. The golden pheasants go crazy if you go anywhere near them and run right to the end of the long aviary

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The chickens are pretty tame XD Chewee is tame :) I had a mega tame Kakariki once when I was about 9 called Eddie and he was really fussy. He could also say a few words. Most of the birds in the house tolerate us but wont really do much. Chewee on the other hand has showers with us and stuff. He's great XD

That's why we're getting the birds later this year - I want something a bit more tame haha

Also Chalkie my Harris' hawk is really cuddly (!!!). He loves been tickled on the back of his neck, he loves being touched in general. He has NEVER bitten anybody except for the rings on my fingers, he's never footy, except for with this one guy who trims his beak. He hates his guts, but yeah he's great. I mean he's one huge bird too haha

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine is in a Vision cage, one of the really tall ones, but turned on the side. So its like a flight for her :) I wished I could have her and others in an aviary!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's an awesome idea Beth! Does she like it :)?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.