Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
So cute! Aww! What other birds does your mom own?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I love cherry heads and quakers. Her bird is so cute :lovehearts:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He is beautiful!

Rachel, are you the member who posted pictures of her mother's cherry head on here a few months ago. The member and her mother "switched" birds for a while, as in put the birds in different parts of the house, the member had a cockatiel and her mother had a cherry head.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is beautiful!

Rachel, are you the member who posted pictures of her mother's cherry head on here a few months ago. The member and her mother "switched" birds for a while, as in put the birds in different parts of the house, the member had a cockatiel and her mother had a cherry head.
Yup that was me

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Rachel,
Does the cherry head still live in your area and the cockatiel still live in your mom's area, or have they been switched back? I just wondered about the final consensus regarding who was the noisiest. :giggle:

Oh, and are both the cherry head and the tiel noisier than the quaker?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rachel,
Does the cherry head still live in your area and the cockatiel still live in your mom's area, or have they been switched back? I just wondered about the final consensus regarding who was the noisiest. :giggle:

Oh, and are both the cherry head and the tiel noisier than the quaker?
They've been switched back the whole week they were switched they were both quiet and the quaker is quieter then both. :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well,
At least you know now what to do if they get too noisy. Switch them up for a bit.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
My 'tiel is VERY VERY loud haha! And my quakers were worse. But my quakers were breeders so I expected that. But my tiel! Man he gets LOUD! If I've got music on or the phone rings or a hoovers on etc it's non stop screaming! And if the house is silent he talks and talks and talks and talks so much. Which usually ends in some nasty screaming haha!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm glad I've heard tons of stories about loud tiels, because I would have characterized them as quiet based on my own personal experiences, which were only with my sons' female, two co-workers' females, and a nephew's male. The concensus seems to be that they can be very, very noisy. The babies in the bird store certainly are. :giggle:

Daisy, is your new tiel the only bird in your house? Are your other birds in your aviaries or in aviaries or homes elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
He is the only bird in my house at the moment, the rest are outside :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is why I only have one male tiel and the rest are females because of the noise. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha he does scream like crazy but I don't mind loudness. My family do though!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Divet, my quaker, can get pretty loud and though I can ignore her, hubby can't. Yesterday I went to her cage and told her in a quiet voice that if she didn't stop screaming I would have to cover her and she shut right up. :) Hope it works next time I tell her also. :umm:

·
Registered
353 Posts
My quakers never stopped screaming regardless to what I threatened them with :lol: covering their aviary would never shut them up :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.