Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need someone to help me with what specific type of budgie I have. I know there are a few different "types" of budgies but don't know much about which is which. I know most budgies eyes change with age, and one of my budgies eyes change noticeably with age, but I have one that doesn't, she is mostly white with a small amount of blue and very little black (spots/stripes) her eyes haven't changed at all with age... she is over 6 months old now and her eyes are still solid black... at times when the light hits just right they almost look dark dark navy blue, and at other times when the light hits right they have a red tint... I know that albinos eyes don't change, which obviously she isn't albino and another type I read about has a blue looking eye that doesn't change, but hers look more black most of the time... just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.... sorry if this sounds like a bunch of senseless rambling.... <><

Attachments

G

·
The Budgie on the left looks like a Sky Blue Recessive Pied - they keep the baby eyes for their entire life. The one on the right looks like an Opaline Sky Blue.

If you could get photos of their backs it would help. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
You have adorable budgies -- that's my assessment and I'm sticking to it :p

I'm hopeless when it comes to budgie mutations. There are JUST SO MANY! The link seven shared is a great one, though. It's very descriptive and has LOTS of photos to help you :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Your budgies are beautiful. I know nothing else about budgies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, they are beauties eh :biggrin5: ... I think I have it figured out now.... pretty sure chomp pup was right....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.