Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arrived this afternoon!

I wasn't expecting this at all - I have been giving her extra pellets, veggies, cuttle fish, mineral block and tomorrow I'm gonna give them some scrambled eggs.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bet they will have some cute babies :) I thought Sierra and Reiko are both under one year old, naughty birds

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Egg #3 was laid last night! #4 is due tomorrow night.

Can anyone tell me if any are fertile? I though one was but I don't know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Congrats! :clap: I honestly don't know how to tell fertility with budgie eggs - would you be able to candle them like the larger eggs? I've seen people do that with linnie eggs, but budgie eggs are so tiny! :giggle:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lmao! I read they go a solid white, only one is white at the moment, the other two are pinkish. Just wanted to see if anyone knew if that is wrong or not.

Egg #1 November 4th
Egg #2 November 6th
Egg #3 November 8th
Egg #4 November 10th - due to be laid today

·
Registered
125 Posts
How many eggs do budgies normally lay? 4?

I wish you luck! Can't wait to see pictures of them growing up!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They can lay up to 6. :eek:

If she lays at least 4-5 I hope at least 2 or 3 of them will be fertile.. I promised my little brother one for Christmas.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She just laid egg #4 about 20 mins ago. :yahoo:

I can't get a photo yet, she hasn't left the nestbox lol.. lots of work for her now!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congratulations!!! Can you candle the eggs to tell if they're fertile? Linnie eggs are about 3/4 of an inch long and I can candle them. Usually can see veins at about 4-5 days. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm too scared I'll do something wrong. :lol: I am just gonna leave them and if they hatch, they hatch! Egg #1 is due to hatch next Friday. :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I candled them, 2 are still too early to tell, but out of the 3 only one looked fertile from what I could see. There was an air sac? is that right?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.