Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I heard there not found of being as touch/scratched as tiels but I seen some that do like scratches. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
No they don't like to be scritched or scratched for there head is to small so it bothers them. Unless your budgie is super tamed and likes to cuddle.

Reactions: nanay

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It's rare but it does happen :) I believe it's more common for the English to enjoy scritches than standards. We had a few babies we hand fed at the shop who enjoyed scratches and just seemed to enjoy being snuggled fromthe day we pulled them :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
They aren't very hands on. Most don't like a cuddle or a scratch. As Jenny said. The English seem to more than the normals do. Probably because they have such poofy heads haha

Reactions: nanay

·
Registered
662 Posts
Our two hand raised enjoy being handled, and to a lesser degree scritched when they are molting. When not molting I still rub their little heads and tummies and lay them on their back in my hands while they hold on with feet. They put up a big show of protest, then lay there waiting for more. The breeder we buy from handles them like he handles the macaw babies, so they are even ok when I lift their wings to look underneath.
The bin o budgies we have are not happy at all if I even touch them. They are stick trained and I do handle them if need be, but not like the other two.
I dont have the time to train them from scratch, so I learned early on to buy hand raised, a great time saver so I can enjoy them now.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
My budgies will let me pet them and scratch their necks, but they aren't very interested in it and don't really care for it, which is very unlike my cockatiel who demands head scratches regularly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some great news. My little yellow albino baby budgie-Basic(my little 3 year old granddaughter named her-think it's a girl). Don't ask me why-lol. Anyway, she sat on my finger for a very long time and gave me kisses. I think she'd stay there forever if I didn't return her to the cage. I moved her away from her cage as per Peggy's advice. I'm sooo happy because I want her tame for my little granddaughter. We are sooo excited!!!!:biggrin5::thumbsup:Thanks again PeggyB.:hug:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that's great news! Glad all is going well

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:lovehearts: Glad to hear they're taming down for you! PeggyB has such a way with birds and has GREAT advice :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
So glad things are going well! I know that feeling, and it is beyond wonderful! :yesnod:

·
Registered
993 Posts
This was my old budgie Tams who was ultra cuddly she would sit in my hands and just fall alseep I think she was an exception to most, she passed away at 9 from kidney problems(she had been brought up on seeds before I transitioned her onto pellets and had hypothyroidism

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She was very beautiful

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
She was adorable!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.