Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to read the ingredients in Roudybush after reading the thread by SevenVeils. I noticed that they make several foods that contain cabbage. I thought it was on this forum, but I guess it was on another one, but there has been a discussion that cabbage is not suitable for parrots. What is the deal with cabbage?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I don't remember what I read, but I thought it was one type of cabbage that was bad, but not the other? I can't remember! ><

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that makes sense then. Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cabbage I believe is also hard to digest as well. It's a gas inducing food lol!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we don't need any more of THAT around here. I already had the other post about beans. :whistle:
Roni and I are both better off now that I am sprouting the beans, though. Wouldn't you think my bird could pick something better to imitate about me?
I think I'll just stick with kale, chard, mustard, spinach, and romaine. Sometimes I do get a thing called a "spring mix". It may have a bit of cabbage, but not much.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Scooter my senegal loves to mimic the sound of a fart. he came to us making that sound.

What cracks me up is the fact that my husband encourages him to do it all the time. It makes me giggle.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a male thing, I guess. When Elisa first came home Paul used to play a whole recording of those noises he had on his phone for her, hoping she would imitate the sound. Don't ask me why he ever had them on his phone in the first place. My other son and I learned many years ago that sometimes it is just better to act like we don't know him.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pretend you don't know him???:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.