Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm so confused right now. I got a new cage for Cheeko and I am not happy with it. It's a little crowded, it's shorter than I thought and the play-top is not being used at all. I think I'd much rather have more inside cage area. The conure castle is too big for the space I want the cage to be in, so I am looking at the A & E small fan top:
http://www.bird.com/item/a-and-e-small-fan-top-bird-cage/533461/

I was just about to click on "Submit" to pay, and I noticed that a person wrote a bad review on this cage. He said that the cage spacing is not 5/8 as described, it is 3/4. He said the cage is too big for his cockatiel.

Does anyone else have this cage? And if so, can you please either give me a :thumbsup: or a thumbs down???

Thank you! Patti

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have the Conure Castle, model RY3223, the next size up from the one you're looking at, for my Conure. The bar spacing is 5/8" (I just measured it again). A Cockatiel's head is much smaller than a Green Cheek's, so 1/2" would be better for a Cockatiel. Libby does just fine with the 5/8". I even tempted her with a treat, trying to get her to stick her head between the bars, and as far as she can get is her eyes. She's been in it a week now, without any problems.

It's a really heavy-duty cage, and that BIG door is wonderful for clean up!

I didn't really have room for it in our little family room either, but I wanted it so much I manaaged to carve out a corner! I'm glad I did, because she's VERY happy in her new castle!

You can always call the company (A&E) with questions and/or concerns. They are very helpful and professional. Their number is
1-800-506-7066.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't have any of them, but I would call up the company if you have any concerns. As the others said. Conures have far bigger heads than tiels!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Isn't Cheeko a conure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't Cheeko a conure?
Yes, Cheeko is a conure. The reason I referred to a cockatiel is that the person who wrote the bad review had one. The cage description says it's good for cocketiels and conures, but the guy said it was too big for his cockatiel.
Anyway, I ordered it. It should be here in 7 - 10 days. Thank you, guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.