Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the auction I usually go to every Monday.

There wasn't much there tonight at all compared to the usual masses (because all the birds are breeding ;)). There were 4 garden doves, 9 zebra finches, 4 Bengalese finches, a cockatiel, a fife canary and 2 lizard canaries. That is hardly anything :shrug: so that wasn't that great I guess.

We put a bid in for 2 pairs of zebra finches and yup, we won the bid at £4 per bird. So that was all cool.

I met another falconer there too, which was awesome, and he's bringing down his Harris' hawk for me next Monday so I can handle her for a bit and check her out, she's a huge girl weighing in a 2.4, my Harris' is only 1.5/6!! Haha. So I got all excited about that.

We finished our drink at the bar and went over to pick up the zebbies we'd payed for, when suddenly a guy stood around the birds picked up the boxes and swiftly made an exit! :yikes: I couldn't believe the *CENSOR CENSOR CENSOR :lol:* took our birds! He walked straight out with them! He STOLE our birds! So the manager and a few others chased after him but by the time we got there the *CENSOR :lol:* had gotten away :( GRRRR I could punch the man! WHO HONESTLY DOES THAT!? :mad:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
YOU'RE KIDDING!!!! What's the matter with people! Geez, people will steal anything! So sorry this happened to you and your new birds! What a bummer!

·
Registered
993 Posts
what who steals someones birds omg, that is riddiculous why would anyone wanna steal a couple of finches thats so weird

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly! Its insane! I went to pick them up and just saw him grab them and walk out!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know right :( horrible!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Woah!! What the...? That's so strange. Zebra finches aren't that expensive anyway. That's ridiculous. I'd be pretty upset. Did you still have to pay?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe yeah xD and nah. I had to get 2 instead of the 4 but then we went and bought some more elsewhere

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you're telling me!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That's just plain ridiculous. Geez! Glad you bought some more, though.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you :D and I know :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they're doing great at the moment thanks :D they're chilling with a few budgies :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
LOL chilling. Correct bird lingo would be "perchin'". ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.