Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this is the first time for cheechy and percilla with eggs percilla laid 4 eggs 3 days apart from one another tomorow is day 18 for the first egg question is with conures is it like with cockatiels for hatching 18-21 days

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I hope your conure chicks hatch. I will enjoy seeing their pictures. I don't know anything about raising conures, so can't answer your question regarding how long it takes the eggs to hatch.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That's great, Allen!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok today is day 21 and the first egg has hatched i,m holding off for pics till all the eggs hatch as mom is a very protective mom and she is a first time mom i can hear the chick as well

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
great news

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so cheechy and percilla were out eating and i thought i would take a quick shot of the chick

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That is cute.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i thought the 2nd would hatch today but tonight i remebered that the eggs were laid 3 days apart from each other so i believe the 2nd will hatch sometime tomorow

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so chick 2 never hatched was supose to hatch on sunday and looks like a bad egg it is all dark and grey but yesterday the 3rd one hatched here are more pics sory some are not as clear as i would like them to be

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
They sure are different sizes.

My daughter wants me to tell you your babies look cool, :cool: and she loves them.

I'm especially interested in the pictures of these babies since I'm getting a green cheek now. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok since i have never had conure chicks before i have a question in the pic here i have noticed something on the side of the mouth just wondering if this is normal

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It's hard to say with the photo being so small, but some of the larger parrots have a little 'bulge' on the side of the beak when they're that young which will slim down and harden with time. Are you hand-feeding the chicks?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so i went and bought some fresh hand feeding formula and brought it home and to my surprise mom and dad has started to feed the chicks again
here is an overload of pics

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok here are some more pics of the chicks with the weights as well
first hatched 76 grams

2nd chick 66 grams

3rd chick 36 grams

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status