Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
SWEET! Aren't Conures the BEST? I'm sure you're enjoying CinCin!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Gorgeous birdy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! JoAnne, so far she has been a very quiet, affectionate little bird. Healey is way louder then she is but he is an opera singer. She loves to snuggle and will play on her playstand happily if its parked close to me. She knows her step ups very well and eats her veggies. She has learned to shake a foot but I trained her to do it left footed. Today, we practiced targeting a stick so she will do very well with clicker training I am sure.
Right now, I feel that her clip is too severe. She can not glide to the floor. I am not sure if I will keep her clipped or not but that will be a few months till I have to decide. It depends how well she does, I guess. In other words, if she can stay out of trouble if flighted. :parrotsmilie:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the playstand I got for her(?). The 18 in size-

http://www.parrotdiseperch.com/parrot/shop_details.php?prod=1600

But mine is painted with some sort of food coloring type paint that comes off. I wonder if I could just rinse it off in the shower?

I also got the stand so I can roll it around. Also in medium.

http://www.parrotdiseperch.com/parrot/shop_details.php?prod=1606

It is pretty sturdy and is put together with stainless steel screws. Overall I quite happy with it and Cincin likes it too.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Gotta love greencheeks. I'm glad she likes her stand.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Your bird is such a lovely colour.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Daisy! I noticed that when she goes about her birdy business exploring, eating and chewing on stuff in her cage she talks to herself in a low rumbling little voice. I do not know if she is saying any words yet but its very cute anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Awww what a cute little baby!

My conures are all fully flighted now, I find they seem much happier and more confident having their wings! I actually find it safer - when they were clipped and got startled they would end up flying into walls, furniture etc because they could not control where they went. I was always worried they would break their little necks. Now when they get startled they just fly a few laps around the room then land safely!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe Jackie that's awesome. I love how budgies always sound like they're talking to themselves really fast :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Conures are great! Yours is gorgeous! I checked out that website, and I really like the play gym you bought. I might buy one for myself! And it's adorable that your Conure quietly talks to herself. :giggle:

·
Registered
478 Posts
She is so cute, she looks just like my Kiwi Bean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.