Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if it would be ok to clean Tango's cage with Clorox wipes. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Please don't - bleach is highly toxic to birds and the fumes will kill them. White Vinegar and hot water is best

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I use only apple cider vinegar and hot water. Nothing with chemicals. For quick poop clean ups, just a wet paper towel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I am using white vinegar and hot water now to clean. I just thought the wipes would be easier clean up. Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate the info.:)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
you can actually buy wipes that are safe for birds from good pet stores and online

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you I will check into that. I have a huge cage at work and it would really help to have something easy to use.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The wipes I buy for cleaning bird cages are called "Poop Off Wipes". The smell is pretty strong, and some people can't stand it. If you don't mind the smell, they do work really well on both the cage and also on your clothing or furniture or carpet. Smell then before you buy them, if you get the chance, because if you don't like the smell it will really bother you.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Nanay those are the ones I have hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.