Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really believe birds recognize a cage.
Kiki thinks she's the boss when on a cage, whether she's higher than me or not. She'll chew my fingers and never step up. When on the ground or off the cage, she'll step right up and is much more polite. And it's not just her cage or the cage next to her. There once was an empty cage on the floor of my room. She was exploring the room and when she got up onto the extra cage, she acted the same way she did when on top of her cage.
Does anybody else notice this?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yup! I think nearly everybody with a bird has exactly the same thing going for them.

The cage is THEIR cage, not yours, and they want to be with it and sometimes pick it over you :rolleyes:

cages seem to be their little safe zone, they want it and only it :shrug:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really just fascinates me how Kiki recognized it as a cage, even though it wasn't hers. And she had that boost of confidence and coughGRUMPYNESScough on it.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yeah it's exactly the same here haha, they all seem to know what is a cage and what isn't. It's quite funny because you'd think birds wouldn't actually like their cages but hey, this proves wrong :lol:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have same problem with my Green Cheek :biggrin5: when she is on top of the cage, I dare not mess with her, she is so agressive when she's up there :p. My Maroon Bellied Conure is a gentle soul, he would step up without any problem, even on top of the cage. He does have a problem if he thinks i'm stealing his food though, but he doesn't bite hard, just a warning nip to say "leave my food alone" :)

By the way sorry I haven't introduce them at the beginning. I have a Maroon Bellied Conure, that's Tai on the left of my siggy, and then on the right is Chi, she is just a normal Green Cheek :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Well thanks for the introduction hehe, they're gorgeous ^^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.