Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! So today, I wanted to address an issue that's been bothering me for a while. Ever since I got my pet conure, Ace, she's started biting me very frequently. It's like, whenever she sees bare skin, like a toe, finger, shoulder, she BITES! We've tried things live avoiding her, turning her away, and overall trying to make her understand that it's not okay to bite. None of that seems to actually work, though.
Any suggestions welcome on how to stop biting!

·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
If she is on your hand and bites move your hand quickly downwards or upwards ... it unbalances her and she will stop biting to gain her position and stay on your hand. When she bites and you move your hand say NO! Firmly. Every time.

She will catch on.

The other thing is biting is to get your attention. If she continues to bite after you've been playing with her and you don't want to play with her any more ... put her in her cage. Let her know she has to settle down.

The other reason a birb will bite is because they are molting or not feeling well and need/want to be alone.

Just keep watch to when she bites and what you've been doing with her before this happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts