Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My conure has a sore toe, has discoloration (bruise?), and is trying to keep his weight off that foot. Being a Sunday, all vets are closed. Picture attached. Does anyone have an idea of what this might be? Thank you.
Reptile Gesture Plant Wood Finger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Sadly Bebop dislocated his toe. The vet put him on crate rest for a week in the hope that it would heal if he took it easy and wasn’t active. Unfortunately the digit never realigned and had to be removed. He’s doing fine now. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im glad he is doing well now and am sorry he lost his toe! That seems like such an important digit! How is he adapting? I know of parrots missing a foot and adapt qonderfully but alot of strain is put on their good foot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im glad he is doing well now and am sorry he lost his toe! That seems like such an important digit! How is he adapting? I know of parrots missing a foot and adapt qonderfully but alot of strain is put on their good foot
He acts completely normal! Dangles from the ceiling, plays, eats, climbs as usual. Doesn’t seem to show a difference. The hardest part was the imposed crate rest and e-collar! He was so miserable for those 6 days! When we went for the post-op checkup and they took the bandage off and said he didn’t need the collar any more, he was so happy and back to his usual self right away. Thanks for asking!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts