Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
I like that cowbirds are ''party birb girls'' and don't have time to nest and raise no kids. No ... these amazing birds have got it down pact. They fly around from birb bar to birb bar to pick up some grubs and have a drink or two. Get hit on by big ole cowbirb boy's and then party all night. They have a fling and then head for the hills where she fly's from nest to nest to drop off an egg and chuckle to herself saying, "Have a good life kid! Yer new parents will do you good!"

She doesn't care about anything but giving her kids a better chance than they would have had if they stayed with her .... ain't nothing but heartache and drama living with a lazy floozy cowbird that doesn't wanna take care of her own kids.

Man those robin eggs are gorgeous colored!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that cowbirds are ''party birb girls'' and don't have time to nest and raise no kids. No ... these amazing birds have got it down pact. They fly around from birb bar to birb bar to pick up some grubs and have a drink or two. Get hit on by big ole cowbirb boy's and then party all night. They have a fling and then head for the hills where she fly's from nest to nest to drop off an egg and chuckle to herself saying, "Have a good life kid! Yer new parents will do you good!"

She doesn't care about anything but giving her kids a better chance than they would have had if they stayed with her .... ain't nothing but heartache and drama living with a lazy floozy cowbird that doesn't wanna take care of her own kids.

Man those robin eggs are gorgeous colored!
Actually I am reminded as to what Sarah Winnicki, an avian ecologist at Kansas State University has to say about brown-headed cowbird behaviour: “I try to convince people about how amazing [cowbirds’] evolutionary story is,” she says. “How did they learn to find nests, to lay eggs, and to re-find them later? How do they learn to time their reproduction to their hosts? As an ornithologist, this is incredible to me.”

And yes, the Easter Bunny has a lot to learn about coloring turquoise eggs from Masterpiece-creatrix Robin Birb. ;)

Reactions: Mr Peepers
1 - 3 of 3 Posts