Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG... this conure is absolutely certifiably NUTS!!...lol He is the craziest , clowniest bird ever! He loves to hang out on us.. he is sooo smart and I think is a pineapple green cheek conure crossed with a labrador retriever... he LOVES water!! I was running water to warm it up for dishes while he was on my shoulder... he start climbing all over my belly and arms trying to get into the water... so I adjusted it so it was just luke warm... cupped my hands so they filled with water and he bathed like that ... in my cupped hands under the full blast stream of water ... he stood with his head right under it.. opened his wings and flapped and rolled in it... what a GOOF BALL!! He is also very smart... I taught him the other night to " give me 4" ( taps my finger with his foot) .. he seemed to understand... the next day my sis in law was over and she had him feeding him seeds. When she ran out she was just holding him on the palm of her hand... he looked at her expecting more treats... when they didn't come he started taping her palm with his foot... tap, wait a sec, tap , wait a sec, tap... I burst out LOLing and said to her... he is "giving you 4" ...lol now he expects his treat for doing it!! I love all of my birds... but this guy keeps me LOLing a LOT!! He is just so bumbling puppyish!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
lol! He sounds very clever and absolutely adorable!! You should start clicker training him to do tricks - wave, roll over, etc. He sounds like he'd be super receptive to it :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Now you will have to change your name to ParrotletsandConuresRock. :cornut:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
SO CUTE! He's a real smarty!! Now, far be it from me to say "I told you so", BUT......Didn't I tell you so???? LOL!

I'm so glad you're having so much fun! GCC's are the best! Libby brings me so much joy every single day!!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys and Jo.... You said " I TOLD YOU SOOO!!" ..lol and yes you did... love my 'let but the conure is so much more a people bird... more interactive .

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
They really are people birds! Libby didn't need any taming at all, she came home that way!

When I go to my local bird shop (where I bought Libby) to buy supplies, I always MUST take a spin through the area where the birds are for sale. As I walk past all the cages, the various birds all shy away from me, toward the back of the cage, EXCEPT the Conures! They all rush to the front of the cage, all trying to get my attention and looking as cute as can be! It's SO cute! Yes, they are people birds!

·
Registered
623 Posts
They do the neatest things, i wouldn't have gotten another bird if not for Joanne's talk about Libby. I am so glad i did. They are so much fun, i can't wait to get home some days so i can get Cricket out to play.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
That's great, Shelly! I'm so happy Cricket is such a wonderful GCC!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
your bird sounds so fun!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I really want one :(

·
Registered
685 Posts
In all honestly, the GCC is the best birds that I've ever owned in my entire life. :D Don't tell the others fabies. ;) I've had two in the last 20yrs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can't wait until mine comes home. My first conure loved to splash around in the sink too. He made one heck of a mess. We both got a bath it seemed.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe I think I will do soon. I will definitely have one once I moved out but that wont be for a long time but I'm moving the tiels out of the cage they're in at the moment which is big enough for greys and amazons so I'm still deciding on what I should get haha

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took Tiki into the shower with me this am... he seemed a little unsure of it all but not frightened... then to watch him dry off afterwards...what a hoot.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
ParrotletsRock -

I've never tried that -- I'm afraid Libby would fall off her perch and injure herself from LAUGHING so hard when she saw me naked! YIKES! :yikes:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
ParrotletsRock - there is nothing Joey (my cockatiel) loves more than coming in the shower with me!

JoAnne - I just laughed out loud at that :lol:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ha! ha! I try NOT to look in the mirror!! Old age ain't for sissies! :smilielol5:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.