Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am checking out the forum Jade and Rocky, the crazy conures are playing on the playtop on top of the cages. I have newspaper on the tray and they keep crawling inder the paper (kind like a blanket) and pop out the other side. Half the time all you see in the paper moving then out pops two little heads. Then they run over to the other cage and do the same. Then they perch of the front and preen each other and then they roll around. It takes my mind off of things like getting my hours cut. When I am at work I just can't wait to come home and see my guys. I put their fresh food in and fresh water and of course they jump in the water dish to bathe. Rocky then goes crazy flapping his wings. You can feel water flying off him 6 feet away. My parrotlets don't like the water that much. I think I am gonna have to make rocky a shower stall so he keeps the water in the cage..

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Awwww, how cute!! Our pets really do brighten our days - the only reason I can get through the stress of full time college and full time work (60-80 hour work weeks, essentially) is Goober :lovehearts: Coming home and shrugging off all our baggage to get kisses and laugh is so delightful

·
Registered
685 Posts
Aww that's cute. I have the same two Conures as you. :) I put mine in the shower or sink to bath. No dishes of water for them, I use water bottles. lol They want to bath & dirty that water all the time. And I have food dippers. LOL!!

Jenny - you are so right, I can't wait to come home from work, a stressful day etc to see my birds & my dogs of course! Ok, kids too. lol

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Apple,
Have I missed some posts. Have you lost your meyers?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I hope it is ok to post about a black capped conure at the bird store on this thread? I thought it would be appropriate since Rocky is a black cap.

A fellow bought a black capped conure a while back. (I THINK, not certain, but I think it came in with the shipment that my Shira came in with. That could be wrong.) Anyway, he ended up going away to college and returned the bird, so it is now back.

It is so funny. The other day I was there visiting with Ashlynn, and one of the gals noticed he was on the floor behind Cannary. Good thing she saw him, or that would have been bad. Anyway, she returned him to his cage. Next thing I noticed he was swinging from the bottom of the open door of his cage and then dropped to the floor again, so I put him back and closed the door. A few minutes later, he was out on the floor again. He had learned to unlatch his cage and was letting himself out. What a smartie, but, as with all pyhurrahs, also, he has no sense of danger.

I am soooooooooo drawn to that bird, and I'm not going to get him, by the way. He will make someone an excellent pet. A week before he was returned to the store a gal came in looking for a pyhurrah for her daughter. They didn't have any at the time. That is the way things go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.