Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a pair of cockatiels from a friend they bred and laid 8 eggs as of yesterday 5 hatched 2 did not make it well to my surprise another 2 have hatched so we now have 5 chicks but the last egg i do not believe will not hatch the egg is very dark and grey i will still leave it there till the parents leave it you just never know

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Can't wait to start seeing pictures of them growing. I love watching your babies feather out.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
It is nice to see babies grow up. You should update us frequently, and obviously include pictures!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awwh! They're so cute! Congrats :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awww! Hehe! They're great!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i got a call from someone who wants one of the babies. i did turn him down as he wanted the bird on valintines day. i said sorry the chick will not be ready till atleast the minimum march 7. he proceeded to saay it,s ok i no how to hand feed. so i replied in saying i will not sell any baby bird till they are fully weaned. it is not fair to the baby bird or the customer.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I don't blame you for not giving him a baby un-weaned. Getting a bird for a holiday, or as a gift for someone, always sets up a red flag for me - does the person receiving the gift really want a bird? It's not fair to the bird, or the receiver, if it's not as well received. Especially on Valentines day - what happens when they break up? :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Saying that was definitely best! You made the right decision :yesnod: and what cute little poofy things :giggle:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ok so today i had the 3 oldest chicks out of the box hand tamming them and lord behold dad fed the youngest chick so now i believe that the reason they have not been feeding the youngest is that the other 3 have been hoarding all the food

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
How will you handle that, Allen?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i am hand feeding the smallest one her eyes are just starting to open and yes i have hand fed before

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Anything happening with them at the moment allen?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I think that was a great decision you made, Allen. Very responsible. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.