Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Β·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a nod to Nature, π“—π“π“Ÿπ“Ÿπ“¨ π“œπ“žπ“£π“—π“”π“‘π“’ 𝓓𝓐𝓨!

Reactions: Mr Peepers

Β·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where does one get a job caring for a baby sea otter?

Thanks, Nick, for the YouTube upload. Absolutely adorable! πŸ₯°

No flowers or card for me this year, but I had a lovely telephone chat with my son. I'm so glad he is taking the pandemic seriously, and keeping safe with social distancing ➨ the best gift a mother can get! ❀️

Β·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
Thanks, Nick, for the YouTube upload. Absolutely adorable! πŸ₯°

No flowers or card for me this year, but I had a lovely telephone chat with my son. I'm so glad he is taking the pandemic seriously, and keeping safe with social distancing ➨ the best gift a mother can get! ❀
That's a shame the Pandemic stopped a nice visit but it is good your son is taking this seriously!

When you do see him you will make up for the missed Mom's day and you can hug him and hold him close like a baby sea otter.

Don't let him smack you in the noggin with a rock and a sea scallop.

Β·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a shame the Pandemic stopped a nice visit but it is good your son is taking this seriously!

When you do see him you will make up for the missed Mom's day and you can hug him and hold him close like a baby sea otter.

Don't let him smack you in the noggin with a rock and a sea scallop.
Oh, yes! I intend to give him proper huggles once the lock-down is lifted in Ontario. I live not far from Brockville, where there is stationed an Aquatarium, which is a non-profit interactive science and education museum. The facility focuses on the history and ecology of the Thousand Islands region of the Saint Lawrence River, and houses several adorable river otters in a clean, expansive enclosure, behind glass -- so exhibit-goers can watch them swim, play and eat up close without being intrusive. I was able to watch Ivy have her lunch with a fancy smooth stone in her paws, like you or I would use a knife and fork.

J. and I enjoyed our experience at the Aquatarium so much, that we plan to visit this museum again, once the pandemic ends, and it is safe to mingle in public again.

Β·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
Oh, yes! I intend to give him proper huggles once the lock-down is lifted in Ontario. I live not far from Brockville, where there is stationed an Aquatarium, which is a non-profit interactive science and education museum. The facility focuses on the history and ecology of the Thousand Islands region of the Saint Lawrence River, and houses several adorable river otters in a clean, expansive enclosure, behind glass -- so exhibit-goers can watch them swim, play and eat up close without being intrusive. I was able to watch Ivy have her lunch with a fancy smooth stone in her paws, like you or I would use a knife and fork.

J. and I enjoyed our experience at the Aquatarium so much, that we plan to visit this museum again, once the pandemic ends, and it is safe to mingle in public again.

View attachment 24324
I WANNA GO TO THIS AQUATARIUM TOO ... I wanna hang out and watch otters.

What a cool place to spend an afternoon ... have lunch and check out the critters and environment!

Β·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I WANNA GO TO THIS AQUATARIUM TOO ... I wanna hang out and watch otters.

What a cool place to spend an afternoon ... have lunch and check out the critters and environment!
Indeed, Nick! And I wandered around the museum with my walker, so I was able to park in front of Ivy otter's favourite spot for snacking, and have a comfortable quiet front row seat on my walker's cushion, while children noisily tapped on the glass further down in front of the exhibit trying to get the other otters' attention.

J. was fascinated how Ivy calmly pursued her lunch (the science crew stuffed foodstuffs into clamshells so the otters would need to use their stones to clack open their catch, just like in the wild) as I sat and watched her.

Mrs. Ivy actually had a couple of pups last year, but J. and I missed visiting them due to the pandemic -- but I heard that they were adorable.

Β·
Super Moderator
6,138 Posts
Indeed, Nick! And I wandered around the museum with my walker, so I was able to park in front of Ivy otter's favourite spot for snacking, and have a comfortable quiet front row seat on my walker's cushion, while children noisily tapped on the glass further down in front of the exhibit trying to get the other otters' attention.

J. was fascinated how Ivy calmly pursued her lunch (the science crew stuffed foodstuffs into clamshells so the otters would need to use their stones to clack open their catch, just like in the wild) as I sat and watched her.

Mrs. Ivy actually had a couple of pups last year, but J. and I missed visiting them due to the pandemic -- but I heard that they were adorable.
Mrs. Ivy sounds sweet! I would have loved to see her with her pups and teach them how to swim and break open their food from shells. They are the coolest creatures to watch.

Have you ever watched the Otter Cam at the Monterery Bay Aquarium? 7am to 7pm

Right now there are 2 very fat happy looking sea otters relaxing in their enclosure ... one is just in from a swim and is scratching itself against the rock/platform as it basks in the sunshine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts