Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it looks like delilah got a bite right before her tail, I dont know when though I always supervise her when shes out with them so until someone gave her a nip through the cage, there usually very sweet with her though. Anyways theres a big scab and I used a swap from my bird first aid to clean it but Im worried about infection I have some baytril so I was going to just give her that for 7 days to make sure no infecton gets through, she doesnt seem sick and is eating great but it worries me because I dont know how she got it, it definitely looks like a bird bite with the lines on eah side but theres no blood on her feathers or anything, maybe I should post a picture?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
oh dear :( sorry to hear this, please do post a picture

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I tried but my cameras not taking a clear shot ill have to see if my dad can take one

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
A 7 day round of baytril is probably unnecessary - do you have an antibiotic cream you can put on it, and keep a close eye on it? Any non-steroidal creme works, Bacitraycin is what I, and my vet, use

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason Im worried is because it seems a bit swelled under the scab :( If it doesnt look better in the next couple days ill call my avian vet to see if he thinks I should bring her in.

ill check about that cream, thanks Jenny, it just bothers me that I didnt see it happen, she seems well though, preening, eating, active

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm sorry to hear Delilah has been injured. I know you are doing all you can for her.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Sorry to hear this, good luck with everything.
Keep us updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.